Upcoming local public events are listed below. We recommend you check with each individual event/organization for updates on changes, cancellations or postponements, and for information on safety requirements (masks, social distancing, etc.) for any events you plan to attend.
Thursday, Oct. 15
• Virtual Book Chat for Adults online through the Wilmington Public Library at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 15. Chat about books you’ve being reading recently; hear from others and find a new favorite. Registration required for all programs at 937-382-2417 or at wilmington.lib.oh.us. Links to online events provided after registration.
Saturday, Oct. 17
• Fundraiser for Gabe and Jaime Polston, who were seriously injured in an accident (and who have four children), 5-10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 17. NOTE: The location will now be the Clinton County Fairgrounds. Food will be by donation only, and there will be a live band, raffle and silent auction.
• Memorial car show will be held in memory of Bobby Maxwell who died Sept. 19 at 33. The show will be held in the parking lot of Smyth Parts Plus store, 1573 Rombach Ave. in Wilmington from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• For teens 12-18: LARPing— Live Action Role Playing — at Wilmington Public Library front lawn noon-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 17. All fighters and monks, mages and wizards, knights and warriors invited to the in-person event. All supplies will be provided. No weapons may be brought on site as they will be made at the library out of cardboard and foam. Masks and registration will be required and costumes are encouraged. Registration required for all programs at 937-382-2417 or at wilmington.lib.oh.us. Links to online events provided after registration.
• Clinton County Winter Farmers Market on Mulberry Street from 9-11:30 a.m. Pre-ordering items from all vendors available with ordering information at www.clintoncountyfarmersmarket.com.
Wednesday, Oct. 21
• Words & Wine at Home Book Club online through the Wilmington Public Library at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 21. Grab your favorite beverage and join others on the third Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. for a lively discussion; this month’s will be “The Bear” by Andrew Krivak. Registration required for all programs at 937-382-2417 or at wilmington.lib.oh.us. Links to online events provided after registration.
Thursday, Oct. 22
• Blanchester community blood drive 3-7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 22 at the Blanchester Church of Christ, 911 Cherry St. Donors must make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com or by calling 937-461-3220. Learn more at www.GivingBlood.org .