Upcoming local public events are listed below. We recommend you check with each individual event/organization for updates on changes, cancellations or postponements, and for information on safety requirements (masks, social distancing, etc.) for any events you plan to attend.
Saturday, Oct. 31
• Prayer vigil hosted by local pastors on the front steps of the Clinton County Courthouse at 46 S. South St. 11 a.m.-noon Saturday, Oct. 31. A non-partisan, interdenominational event; no political signs or flags permitted. The purpose is to pray for our country, the election, our government leaders at all levels, our communities, our military and veterans, and an end to the COVID pandemic. Bring your lawn chairs; attendees must wear masks and social distance.
• Howl-O-Ween Trunk or Treat 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31 at Orchard Veterinary Care at 45 Orchard Road & US 68 North in the clinic parking lot. Candy and treats for kids and pets and a Halloween-themed photo booth; costumes encouraged.
• Car/Bike Benefit Show for Gabe and Jaime Polston, who were seriously injured in an accident, will be hosted by Riley’s Hair 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31 at Eagles #1224, 141 E. Sugartree St., Wilmington. Awards, food truck, bake sale, raffle items, 50/50 raffle and music and more. More info at https://bit.ly/3hJXxpa .
Friday/Saturday, Nov. 6-7
• Holiday at the Mill at Sugartree Mill Co., 316 E. Sugartree St., Wilmington 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Enjoy browsing the many unique items and doing your holiday shopping while enjoying a cookie & beverage bar, giveaways, store discounts and more. Part of proceeds benefit local organizations including New Life Clinic and Sugartree Ministries.
Wednesday, Nov. 11
• Annual Veterans Day Remembrance 10-11 a.m. Nov. 11 at the Veterans Memorial at the corner of E. Main St. and S. Walnut St. in Wilmington. Attendees are asked to maintain social distancing and wear a mask, and if you are ill please do not attend. Parking available in the courthouse parking lot.
• Monthly Wilmington blood drive sponsored by CMH Wednesday, Nov. 11 noon-6:30 p.m., Wilmington Municipal Building Moyer Room, 69 N. South St. Donors must make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com or at 937-461-3220.
Saturday/Sunday, Nov. 21-22
• Holidays at the Creek craft fair hosted by the News Journal is 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday & Sunday at Caesar Creek Flea Market. For more info, visit https://bit.ly/2FZOHXs .