Shooting wounds 4 young teens; all expected to recover


CINCINNATI (AP) — Authorities in Ohio say four young teenagers were wounded in a drive-by shooting in Cincinnati, but the wounds aren’t considered life-threatening.

Police said the shooting was reported just before 5 p.m. Saturday outside the Winton Terrace apartment complex.

Two boys and two girls between the ages of 12 and 15 were reported in stable condition at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. All are expected to recover, officials said.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported that a worker at the nearby Kings Run Drive Thru said the four juveniles had been inside the convenience store minutes before the shooting.

Police said the city has cameras in the area, and investigators are also seeking surveillance footage from nearby businesses.

“I don’t know if it was a random act or if it was targeted, but just the fact that kids are out in that age range, if kids are out here they should be able to play safely,” Lt. David Sprague told WCPO-TV. “And it is concerning that those acts of violence are occurring in our neighborhoods.”

No arrests were immediately reported.