Over the past three months East Clinton FFA members have been practicing and preparing for the Spring Career Development Events in FFA. These events consist of judging and identifying several different items in contest formats.
To prepare, teams had several practices and took tours to farms and businesses. The group would like to thank all the farmers and businesses that helped us prepare for the events.
Overall, we had 83 students participate in six different contests. The contests and top five students on each team are the:
• Milk Quality team of Paige Bowman, Teddy Murphy, Jenna Stanley, Elizabeth Seba-Mixtega and Anna Lopez placed first overall in the state and they will compete at Nationals in the fall.
• Dairy team of Anna Lopez, Kale Boeckmann, Quinten Tolle, Jenna Stanley, and Lydia Kessler placed fifth in the state and earned a banner for the school. They also are the first backup for the National contest.
• Agronomy team of Carter Carey, Carah Anteck, Myah Anteck, Trenton Garen and Lanie Clark placed eighth in the state.
• Equine team of Kori Kile, Emma Malone, Anna Malone, Brody Fisher and Katie Carey placed 10th in the state.
• Poultry team of Denver Day, Anthony Greco, Grant Wisecup, Sklar Slagel and Noah Mess placed 23rd in the state.
• Livestock team of Jordan Collom, Lauren Runyon, Mitchell Bean, Alexi Rolfe and Kailin Mason placed 25th in the State.
Thank you again for all those who helped us prepare and allowed us to visit.