Upcoming local in-person public events are listed below. We recommend you check with each individual event/organization for updates on changes, cancellations or postponements, and for information on safety requirements (masks, social distancing, etc.) for any events you plan to attend.
Saturday, May 1
• Second Clean Up Wilmington event of 2021 starts at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 1. Volunteers meet in the Municipal Building Parking Lot at 69 N. South St. and break up into teams to work on downtown litter, mulching tree beds and pulling weeds, plus two groups will be working at problem dilapidated properties. Volunteer Sign Up at https://bit.ly/3xfI0q8 and Sponsor Sign Up Form at https://bit.ly/3tFHzDx.
• American Legion Post 49 fish fry 6 p.m. Saturday, May 1 featuring fish, french fries, cole slaw, and mac & cheese for $9. Entertainment by Karaoke DJ Gary Creek.
Thursday, May 6 (virtual event)
• Virtual Career Fair free one-day virtual event connects you to over 40 employers in Clinton, Highland, Fayette and Adams Counties seeking to fill over 800 in-person and remote positions; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, May 6. Register at https://bit.ly/32RxRlw .
Saturday, May 8
• Wilmington Garden Club annual plants sale 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, May 8 at the Clinton County History Center, 149 E. Locust St., Wilmington. All plants are $2 each (cash only, please).
Monday, May 10
• Wilmington Peace Officers Memorial Service held annually is at 1 p.m. Monday, May 10 at Sugar Grove Cemetery. Gather at the grave of Ptl. Emery McCreight, located directly east of the bridge between the original section and the new section of the cemetery. Marshal John Van Doren and five other WPD members who died while actively serving will also be remembered. Please follow all COVID-19-related guidelines.
Thursday, May 13
• Clinton County 2040 — a long-range comprehensive planning process — in-person workshops: Thursday, May 13 at the Denver Park shelters in Wilmington from 3:30-5 p.m. and 7-8:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 15
• Clinton County Master Gardeners annual springtime plants sale 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, May 15 at the Sheep Barn at the fairground. Available for purchase on-site will be annuals, perennials and vegetable plants.
• Clinton County Farmers Market for 2021 debuts Saturday, May 15 and every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to noon through Oct. 16 on Mulberry Street (between Locust and Main streets). Event will continue to follow recommendations regarding social distancing and wearing of face mask, with a handwashing station. https://www.facebook.com/ClintonCountyFarmersMarket
Thursday, May 20
• Clinton County 2040 long-range comprehensive planning process in-person workshop 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday, May 20 at the Cowan Lake shelters.
Monday, May 31
• Memorial Day Parade Monday, May 31 departs American Legion Post 49 around 10 a.m. Monday, May 31, proceeding to Sugar Grove Cemetery for the annual memorial service. Anyone who wishes to be involved in the parade should contact Post Commander Jim Cook at 937-218-2036.