WILMINGTON — The Clinton County Port Authority is marking National Economic Development Week May 9-15 to celebrate the contributions of positive economic development and discuss the role of the profession in the local community.
“Economic Development is about creating jobs, advancing career development opportunities, and improving the quality of life for a community,” said Jennifer Klus Ekey, Economic Development Director with the Clinton County Port Authority. “This week is a great opportunity for us to highlight that work locally, in the context of a national campaign.”
Now in its sixth year, National Economic Development Week was created by the International Economic Development Council — the largest professional membership organization for economic developers. The purpose is to recognize the unique role that economic development has in creating vibrant communities with strong economies.
In recognition of the week, the Port Authority will be using its:
• LinkedIn page — linkedin.com/company/clinton-county-port-authority
• Twitter feed — https://twitter.com/CountyPort
• and website — ChooseClintonCountyOH.org — to highlight successful, collaborative economic development efforts by all of its economic development partners.
Those partners include the City of Wilmington, the Clinton County Board of Commissioners, the Clinton County Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Clinton County Regional Planning Commission, the Community Improvement Corporation of Wilmington, Main Street Wilmington, the Ohio SBDC at Miami Regionals, and the Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber of Commerce.
“We are thankful for the support of each and every organization in the community that plays a role in the community’s economic development efforts,” said Daniel G. Evers, Executive Director of the Clinton County Port Authority. “Economic development is a team effort, and it takes everyone truly committed and working together toward a shared vision to be successful.”
In addition to the social media campaign the week of May 9, the Port Authority’s Economic Development Week activities include:
• Formal recognition by Wilmington City Council, the Clinton County Board of Commissioners, and Representative Steve Stivers at a variety of public meetings
• A presentation, as part of a panel discussion, at the recent Economic Network Alliance — a recording of which is available at http://bit.ly/May21ENArecording
• Hosting a webinar on “Exporting Fundamentals and Introduction to the Ohio Export Assistance Network” with the Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber of Commerce and the Ohio SBDC at Miami Regionals on Tuesday, May 11 with registration available at https://bit.ly/OHExport101 .
Learn more about the Port Authority at www.ChooseClintonCountyOH.org .
For more on the International Economic Development Council visit www.iedconline.org .