Upcoming local in-person public events are listed below. We recommend you check with each individual event/organization for updates on changes, cancellations or postponements, and for information on safety requirements (masks, social distancing, etc.) for any events you plan to attend.
Saturday, June 5
• ‘Clean-Up Wilmington’ June event is scheduled for 9 a.m. Saturday June 5. Volunteers will meet at the gravel lot on West Sugartree Street. Supplies for the litter clean-up will be provided. If you have any questions, please call or text Annen Vance at 937-971-9161, or contact her via email at email@example.com.
• Clinton County Farmers Market continues Saturdays 8:30 a.m.-noon through Oct. 16 on Mulberry Street (between Locust and Main). For more info, visit https://www.facebook.com/ClintonCountyFarmersMarket .
Wednesday, June 9
• CMH monthly community blood drive is 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 9 at 610 West Main St. There is no deferral or delay in donating blood after receiving any COVID-19 vaccine. Make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com or call 937-461-3220.
• Elks 797 open house celebration for their renovated lodge is Wednesday, June 9 at 2593 Rombach Ave. Social hour 4-6 p.m. Open house/social hour is open to the public, with light appetizers and refreshments, and a cash bar. Renovations include the bar and restaurant, golf simulators, and new outdoor patio.
Friday, June 11
• Outdoor Health & Safety Expo at Continental Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation free event 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, June 11 at 820 E. Center St. in Blanchester. Live music, grilled hot dogs, grab-and-go snacks, cold drinks, goodie bags, blood pressure readings, door prizes and free photos with baby goats, as well as health and safety information. (Rain date is June 18.)
Tuesday, June 15
• Turning the Corner Widows luncheon at 12:30 p.m. June 15 at the Wilmington Presbyterian Church, 840 Timber Glen Drive. Just a little gathering for fellowship, friends and good food. Please call Mary Camp at 937-382-7171 with your reservation by Friday, June 11.
Wednesday, June 23
• 12th Annual Senior Awareness Fair 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday, June 23 outside at Wilmington Savings Bank Clinton County Senior Center, 717 N. Nelson Ave. featuring information and presentations plus food and door prizes. Seniors needed transportation, call 937-382-7170 by June 18. (Rain date is June 25.)
Saturday, July 17
• Kids Market Day at the Clinton County Farmers Market 8:30 a.m.-noon on Mulberry Street in Wilmington as kids ages 7-17 are invited to be a vendor selling homemade, home-baked or home-grown products. Eligible kids must live in Clinton County or a surrounding county that touches Clinton County. Items that kids might wish to offer for sale include art work, handmade jewelry, baked goods such as cookies, brownies, muffins, cupcakes, breads (no baked goods that require refrigeration), sewn/knitted/crocheted items, painted rocks, pottery, or other craft items, and homegrown produce that the child has grown or mainly assisted with in the garden.
For an application and rules to be a “Kid Vendor” visit www.clintoncountyfarmersmarket.com .
• Rock the Block in Wilmington is July 30-31 featuring Winger, Autograph, Quiet Riot, Dirty Deeds: Extreme AC/DC, Pink Velvet Krush, Atomic Jimmy(Van Halen tribute) and more. Tickets for the Murphy Theatre event (indoors) available at www.themurphytheatre.org. The outdoor event is free and also features food vendors, beer tent/mixers, merchandise sales and more.