Upcoming local in-person public events are listed below. We recommend you check with each individual event/organization for updates on changes, cancellations or postponements, and for information on safety requirements (masks, social distancing, etc.) for any events you plan to attend.
Saturday, June 19
• Clinton County Farmers Market Healthy Family Day Saturdays 8:30 a.m.-noon on Mulberry Street (between Locust and Main) in Wilmington includes Clinton Memorial Hospital, Clinton County Health District, Clinton County Laundromat Libraries, Clinton County Trails Coalition, Clinton County Youth Council, Clinton County WIC, OSU Extension, and Talbert House Prevention Services. Featured activities include: free kids bike helmets (while supplies last), free kids books (preK-6th grade), free bike safety checks/supplies (bring your bike!), free blood pressure screening, recipes, educational and informational materials, and much more.
• Juneteenth observance — Wilmington College and several local churches are partnering to present a community observance of Juneteenth at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 19 at the Simon Goodman Memorial Carillon on WC’s campus. All are invited. Water will be available; bring lawn chairs, picnic blankets and snacks. Ample parking available in WC lots off both College St. and Quaker Way. Enter campus mall on foot and look for the belltower. (Rain location is WC’s Grow Food, Grow Hope Pavilion, off Quaker Way, across the street from Pyle Student Center.)
• Summer at the Mill is 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at the Sugartree Mill Co., 316 E. Sugartree St., Wilmington. Featuring new summer displays, a huge variety of antiques and home goods, plus giveaways and complimentary refreshments, and get 10% off your purchases.
Wednesday, June 23
• 12th Annual Senior Awareness Fair 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday, June 23 outside at Wilmington Savings Bank Clinton County Senior Center, 717 N. Nelson Ave. featuring information and presentations plus food and door prizes. Seniors needed transportation, call 937-382-7170 by June 18. (Rain date is June 25.)
Thursday, June 24
• Free dinner for the community 4:30-6 p.m. Thursday, June 24, fellowship hall of Grace United Methodist Church in at Center and Wright Streets, Blanchester. For more information, call 937-783-3655.
• Blanchester community blood drive 3-7 p.m. Thursday, June 24 at Blanchester Church of Christ, 911 Cherry St. Appointments encouraged and walk-ins accepted as space allows. Schedule online at www.DonorTime.com or call 937-461-3220.
July 4 weekend
• Community sale in Galvin Park, Wilmington 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, July 3 sponsored by Friends of Galvin Park. Vendors can set up their pop-up tents and sell yard sale items, arts and crafts, antiques, resale items from commercial vendors (Scentsy, Colorstreet, etc). Family-friendly event; food truck and lots of fun! To be a vendor, you must pre-register by 11 p.m. June 27 at https://forms.gle/z4AC5Hv9he5mJ2ed6 or for info email email@example.com .
• Red, White & Blanchester Blue is July 3-4 in downtown Blanchester. Saturday, July 3 includes: 10 a.m., parade; noon, vendor booths, rides and inflatables open; noon-4 p.m., music by Quiet Storm; 4 p.m., pie-eating contest and DJ; 6-8 p.m., That Arena Rock Show; and 8-10 p.m., Vinyl Countdown. On Sunday, July 4, booths and inflatables open at noon; noon-3 p.m., HiFi Honey; 3-6 p.m., Johnathan Len & Double Edge; and, Party at the Park starts at 6:30 p.m. with fireworks show at dusk.
Saturday, July 17
• Kids Market Day at the Clinton County Farmers Market 8:30 a.m.-noon on Mulberry Street in Wilmington as kids ages 7-17 are invited to be a vendor selling homemade, home-baked or home-grown products. Eligible kids must live in Clinton County or a surrounding county that touches Clinton County. Items that kids might wish to offer for sale include art work, handmade jewelry, baked goods such as cookies, brownies, muffins, cupcakes, breads (no baked goods that require refrigeration), sewn/knitted/crocheted items, painted rocks, pottery, or other craft items, and homegrown produce that the child has grown or mainly assisted with in the garden.
For an application and rules to be a “Kid Vendor” visit www.clintoncountyfarmersmarket.com .
• Rock the Block in Wilmington is July 30-31 featuring Winger, Autograph, Quiet Riot, Dirty Deeds: Extreme AC/DC, Pink Velvet Krush, Atomic Jimmy(Van Halen tribute) and more. Tickets for the Murphy Theatre event (indoors) available at www.themurphytheatre.org. The outdoor event is free and also features food vendors, beer tent/mixers, merchandise sales and more.