WILMINGTON — Early voting for the August 3 special primary election begins on Wednesday, July 7, according to the Clinton County Board of Elections.
This partisan primary election is to choose the Democratic and Republican candidates who will vie in November to fill the seat of Ohio 15th District Representative to the U.S. Congress, previously held by Steve Stivers (R-Upper Arlington), who retired in May. The term expires Jan. 3, 2023.
The deadline to register to vote in this partisan primary election is July 6.
Candidates on the Democratic ballot are Greg Betts and Allison Russo.
Candidates on the Republican ballot are John Adams, Mike Carey, Eric Clark, Thad Cooperrider, Ruth Edmonds, Ron Hood, Thomas Hwang, Stephanie Kunze, Jeff LaRe, Bob Peterson, Brian Stewart, and Omar Tarazi.
The Clinton County Board of Elections is located at 111 S. Nelson Ave. #4, Wilmington.
Early voting will take place:
• Wednesday, July 7 through Friday, July 9 — 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Monday, July 12 through Friday, July 16 — 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Monday, July 19 through Friday, July 23 — 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Monday, July 26 through Friday, July 30 — 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Saturday, July 31 — 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Sunday, August 1 — 1-5 p.m.
• Monday, August 2 — 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Polling places are open on Election Day, August 3, from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.