WILMINGTON — The Clinton County Farmers Market will hold a special event — “Healthy Family Day” — on Saturday, July 24.
The goal of Healthy Family Day is to encourage everyone to learn about opportunities and resources that are available in Clinton County to assist all citizens in having a healthier life style and enrich their overall lives.
The event is made possible by the generous support of Kava Haus.
These county agencies and organizations will be present:
• Clinton Memorial Hospital — from the Pediatric Clinic, Ashley Berman, NP — summer safety for kids; free handouts
• Clinton County Health District — Pam Daniel, RN, MSN- men’s health information, free blood pressure checks, free kids bike helmets while supply lasts, and more
• Clinton County Youth Council — George Byrd and CCYC representative — bring your bike to the market for a simple maintenance/safety check, free bike safety supplies while supply lasts, plus disc golf for all
• Clinton County Trails Coalition — Bruce Saunders & Taylor Stuckert — information on Rails to Trails in Clinton County and the importance of outdoor exercise such as walking, biking, running
• Clinton County WIC — Renee Quallen & staff — distributing WIC Farm Market vouchers and providing additional information and handouts
• OSU Extension SNAP Educator — Kasey Burns — information on stretching the food dollars, recipes, and food sample of a simple recipe; handouts
• Talbert House — Zach McDaniel — mental health resources, educational opportunities, handouts
• Clinton County Laundromat Libraries — Karen Long — information on the little free laundromat libraries in the county, free sign-up of children for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, free sign-up for library cards to local county libraries; reading time for kids, free children books to kids ages preschool through 6th grade
Also present will be Young’s Dairy offering their delicious ice cream.
Live music will be provided by a Market favorite, Travis Luncan.
The Clinton County Farmers’ Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to noon every Saturday through Oct. 16 at Mulberry Street between Locust and Main streets in Wilmington.
For more information, please contact the Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org .