The following information should help you prepare for the start of what will be an exciting era for Blanchester Local Schools.
Blanchester Local Schools will open Wednesday, Aug. 19 for the 2015-16 school year, beginning their 161st year of service to the young people of the district. All schools will be in session for a full day the first day. Lunch will be served in each cafeteria and students should be prepared to begin their studies. Pre-K will begin on Wednesday, Aug. 26 for p.m. students and Thursday, Aug. 27 for a.m. students. Kindergarten will begin Wednesday, Aug. 26 for students with last names A thru M and Thursday, Aug. 27 for students with last names N thru Z.
If you have difficulty getting in touch with your child’s school, please call the board office at 937-783-3523 and we will try to help. The following information will answer many questions; however, district residents may call their child’s school or the district office for clarification or further information.
• Middle School: Grades 6, 7 and 8 – Monday, Aug. 17, 5-6 p.m.
• Intermediate School: Grades 4 and 5 –Monday, Aug. 17, 5-6 p.m.
• Putman Elementary: Monday, Aug. 17, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• High School: Freshmen Orientation – Wednesday, Aug. 12, – 6:30 p.m. in the High School Auditeria; Open House: Grades 9-12, Monday, Aug. 17, 6-7 p.m.
• Putman Elementary: Pre-kindergarten through third grades, Mike Snider, Principal, 783-2681.
• Blanchester Intermediate School: fourth and fifth grades, Marci Goodrich, Principal, 783-2040.
• Blanchester Middle School, sixth through eighth grades, Joel King, Principal, 783-3642.
• Senior High School, ninth through 12th grades, Rick Hosler, Principal; 783-2461.
• Dean D. Lynch, Superintendent, 937-783-3523.
• Bridgid Carson, Director of Instruction, 937-783-3523.
• Christine Branson, Director of Student Services, 937-783-2681
• Barb Prater, Transportation Supervisor, 937-783-3714.
• Dave Fangmeyer, Buildings & Grounds Supervisor, 937-783-3523.
Registration of new students starts July 20, 2015 through the Board Office, 951 Cherry Street, which will be open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. A birth certificate, health records, academic records and proof of residency should be presented at the time of registration.
Cafeteria information: Vanessa Swinderman, Supervisor, 783-5782.
Prices for breakfast are: students, $1.50; adults, $2; reduced students, 30 cents.
Prices for a “Class A” hot lunch are: Grades K-5, $2.75; grades 6-12, $3; adults, $3.25; student and adult extra milk, 50 cents; student reduced lunch, 40 cents.
Free and reduced-price lunch forms will be sent home with students the first day of school. Applications requesting free or reduced-price lunches must be returned to the office of the principal before approval can be granted. New applications must be submitted by Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. Specific questions concerning the cafeteria should be addressed to Vanessa Swinderman, Cafeteria Supervisor, at 783-5782.
School bus routes, stops and turns have changed very little from last year. Specific questions concerning transportation should be addressed to Barb Prater, Transportation Supervisor, at 783-3714.
Each school charges a fee for materials or workbooks that cannot be used by other children. The class fees for the 2015-16 school year are: Kindergarten through eighth grade — $20; grades 9 thru 12 – According to schedule of classes.
Laurel Oaks student orientation, Aug. 14. First day for students, Aug. 17. Bus to Laurel Oaks will depart from the high school at approximately 7:45 a.m.
Diamond Oaks student orientation, Aug. 14. First day for students, Aug. 17.
Live Oaks student orientation, Aug. 18. First day for students, Aug. 19.
Scarlet Oaks student orientation, Aug. 17. First day for students, Aug. 18.