WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
• Roberts Centre,123 Gano Road, Wilmington, July 30, standard. Seasoning in container missing label. Boxes of food on floor in walk-in freezer. Light not working in walk-in cooler. Insufficient light intensity in walk-in cooler. Drywall damaged in concession area.
• Kroger, 1230 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, July 29, standard. Boxes of food on floor in walk-in freezer. Several cold foods not kept cold enough. Thermometer missing in two areas. Salad bar items missing labels. Toppings for donuts in bakery department missing labels. Microwave not rated for commercial use. Ice deposits built up in freezer. Light not working in walk-in cooler. Display thermometers in produce department wall units not working. Lid of bread toppings had food residues on it. A microwave’s top inner surface had food residues. Knives stored between tables, which had residues on their sides; a supervisor moved the knives to a storage container. Three-compartment sink leaking. Handwashing sign missing at sink in seafood department and women’s restroom. Ceiling light fixtures not working. Food prep sink not secured to wall. Food debris accumulated around trash areas and under shelves.
• Wendy’s, 1055 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, July 27, standard. Light not working in reach-in cooler. Salad drain pan cracked. Grout missing in floor tiles; water and food observed in between tiles. Floor tiles chipped and damaged.
• Duke & Duchess Shoppe, 2495 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, July 27, standard. Boxes of food and food supplies on floor. Packaged retail sandwiches missing ingredient info. Residues observed on sugar dispenser at beverage counter. Toaster wire runs across hand sink. Lights unshielded in freezer doors.
• Friends Backyard Grill, 383 W. Main St., Clarksville, July 24, standard. Thermometer missing in cooler. Duct tape observed on prep cooler. Wet cloth found under air dry rack at three-compartment sink. Plumbing at hand sink leaks when sink is used.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.