WILMINGTON — The following information comes from incident reports provided by the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly proven guilty in court.
The sheriff’s office recently received the following reports:
• At 10 p.m. on Nov. 11, deputies were dispatched to the 4800 block of State Route 350 West in reference to a theft report. According to the report, a 42-year-old woman informed authorities that someone had broken the lock and front door of her son’s trailer.
• At 3:06 p.m. on Nov. 14, deputies responded to the 5300 block of State Route 730 in reference to a theft. Upon arrival, they made contact with a 28-year-old female resident and another male subject who advised that their 50-inch HiSense television was taken from their home.
• Deputies made contact with a 75-year-old male from New Vienna at noon on Nov. 9 in regards to a vehicle theft. According to the report, the victim, of the 300 block of North South Street, told authorities that sometime the previous week his vehicle was taken from his residence. He also informed that plates from another vehicle were stolen.
Sheriff’s deputies recently arrested or charged the following people:
• Amber Nickell, 27, of Wilmington was arrested for alleged theft. According to the report, at 2 p.m. on Nov. 2 deputies responded to the 1600 block of James Road in reference to a package being delivered and opened. While searching the area, the deputy discovered tire tracks coming from the neighbor’s yard. The deputy followed the tracks into the neighboring property and discovered a vehicle was stolen from the residence after contacting the homeowner.
• Faith Marion, 28, was arrested for alleged drug possession. At 5:39 p.m. on Nov. 10, a deputy on patrol, according to the report, observed that a red vehicle failed to stop at a posted sign. Upon stopping the vehicle, he spoke to the driver and was advised that the driver was suspended. Upon a further pat-down, the deputy reported he found a clear bag containing an unknown brown substance.
• Alfred Harsch, 47, of Wilmington was arrested for alleged unauthorized use of a vehicle. According to the report, a 50-year-old male told deputies he let Harsch use his vehicle on Saturday for a few hours and he failed to return the vehicle and would not answer phone calls.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574