WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Subway, 31 E. Washington St., Sabina. March 16. Critical: Facility is currently operating without a valid food service license. Current license expired on 3/1/17. All FSO must renew licenses in the month of February but prior to March 1, 2017. After March 1, 2017 all FSO must pay license fee along with 25% penalty. Current amount due including penalty is $609.25. Please remit payment immediately to avoid any further legal action. There is a container of green peppers in the walk-in cooler that was labeled “use by 3/14/17.” (Today is 3/16/17). There was no sanitizer available in sanitizer water when employee tested. No employee certified (class 2) as required.
Follow-up: April 13.
• McDonald’s, 201 W. Main St., Blanchester. March 10. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 22.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.2, 3.4. The following require improvement/correction: Grease accumulated on floor and equipment of grill. Grease holder had a repair that has helped, however holder could be better to prevent grease build-up. Cups, lids, debris, etc. observed next to/under drive-thru equipment. Suggest thorough cleaning and possible enclosure of openings to prevent accumulations. Grout missing at tile near mop sink/three sink. Floor tile was repaired, however debris/water accumulated in missing grout spaces.
Follow-up: April 31.
• Flagway, 373 W. Washington St., Sabina. March 16. Critical: Facility is currently operating without a valid food establishment license. Current license expired 3/1/17. (Today is 3/16/17.) All RFE must apply for renewal in February and application and fee is due back by March 1, 2017. After March 1, 2017 fee plus 25% penalty is due, $480.50. Please remit payment immediately to avoid any further legal action.
• Taco Bell, 1701 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. March 14. Follow-up. The following violations have been corrected: 2.4, 6.4, 4.5, 3.4. Thank you! The top rack of guacamole was dated “use by 3/14/17” at 8 a.m. (It was 2:05 p.m. at time of inspection.)
Follow-up: April 14.
• Family Dollar, 12 Rolfe Drive, Sabina. March 16. No thermometer in the reach-in refrigerator. There were some boxes in the mop sink.
• Dollar General, 150 Holiday Drive, Wilmington. March 14. There is a light out in the milk cooler.