WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Family Dollar Store, 640 Cherry St., Blanchester. March 23. Lights out in frozen food reach-in (2-door cooler on back wall). Lights out in Master-bilt 2-door reach-in freezer. Front cover off Master-bilt 2-door freezer. Light out in 3-door reach-in cooler. There were 2 containers of fruit punch dated 3/11/17. All food must be honestly presented and removed from service when date has expired. There were lights out in back room.There were lights out in main store area. There are broken floor tiles throughout the facility. Overall cleanliness needs improved. Lots of trash/dirt/debris behind codes, under shelving and along the walls. Evidence of rodent feces on shelf behind rice packets. Also droppings behind peanuts, popcorn and snacks.
Follow-up: April 26.
• MacD’s Pub, 1400 W. Main St., Wilmington. March 22. Follow-up. The following violations have been corrected: 3.2, 3.2, 3.4, 4.4, 4.5. Thank you! There is some black mildew on the ceiling of the walk-in cooler.Appears that some of it has been cleaned, but still some evident. The paint is chipping on the shelves of the walk-in cooler. (2nd Notice) Inside of microwave has chipping paint. There is a nonworking light in the kitchen. There is broken floor tile in kitchen in front on grill area. (Large crack in front of deep fryer.(2nd Notice)
Follow-up: April 25.
• Engine House Pizza – Station #2, 416 E. Washington St., Sabina. March 29. Critical: Observed employee with wraps/braces on wrists/hands in kitchen handling containers/food-related items. Sliced turkey found dated 3/21/17. Sprayer at prep sink was observed hanging in sink.
Light bulbs nonworking in 3-door reach-in cooler (kitchen) and True 2-door reach-in (middle space). Shelving unit in dry stock room is less than 6 inches above floor. Open soda can found on top of ice machine. Verification demonstrating employees know when to report illness unavailable. At time of visit middle space big door (garage) was open. Light fixture nonworking in dry stock room. Self-closure missing on public restroom and rear exit door in middle space. Medicine bottles (Tylenol-like products) observed on top of ice machine. Floor near employee restroom has paint chipped.
Follow-up: April 24.
• Tom’s Express, 7529 Fairground Road, Blanchester. March 23. Critical: The slushie machine has mold growth in the nozzle. The inside of the microwave is dirty.
There are several lights out in the reach-in cooler. Ceiling tiles missing throughout facility. There are stacks of insulation stored in back room. There is cracked floor tile throughout the facility. There is an unfinished wall in back room beside ice machine.
Follow-up: April 26.
• Max & Erma’s, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington. March 23. The following violations have been corrected: 2.3, 3.4 and 4.4. Thank you! The inside of the Whirlpool microwave, the paint is bubbling and cracking. The prep sink in the back is not sealed to the wall. The seal/caulking around the wall at the server’s station is coming off.
• CVS Pharmacy, 120 E. Main St., Wilmington. March 17. Verification employees know when to report illness unavailable. Written procedures on clean-up of vomit/diarrhea incidents unavailable. Trash debris observed surrounding dumpster on ground.
• Big Lots, 1302 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. March 17. Verification demonstrating employees have knowledge on when to report illness is unavailable. Written procedure for clean-up of vomit/diarrhea incidents unavailable.
• Aldi, 1801 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. March 17. Light nonworking in walk-in freezer.
• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 127 E. Main St., Wilmington. March 24. Containers storing wiping cloth sanitizer solutions found on floor. Three-compartment sink is not sealed to wall. Chicken breast in front hot holding cabinet (at end) was at 135°F. Tray was sticking out of unit.
• Clinton County Jail, 1645 Davids Drive, Wilmington. March 29. Critical: Sliced bologna found dated 3/22 in walk-in cooler. Meat patties were missing date marking. Sanitizer solution measured at 150 ppm.
Lid to vanilla pudding mix container was not in place.
• McDonald’s 201 W. Main St., Blanchester. March 31. Violations corrected: 4.5 and 6.4. Thanks for cooperation.