WPD responds to disputes, thefts, overdoses

By John Hamilton - jhamilton@civitasmedia.com

WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.

Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:

• At 3:21 a.m. on April 14, police responded to the 500 block of West Vine Street on a possible trespassing and property damage complaint. According to the report, a 19-year-old female advised her door was open and someone had damaged some of her belongings. She suspects that it was her 21-year-old ex-boyfriend. Officers attempted to make contact with the him but weren’t able to.

• At 8:36 a.m. on April 14, police responded to Clinton Memorial Hospital on an assault complaint. According to the report, a 36-year-old female stated she was physically assaulted by a 36-year-old male at the 300 block of Hawley Avenue. Police took photos of her injuries and gathered information for the report. The officer responded back to the office to file charges.

• Police responded to the 100 block of Woodland Drive at 12:02 p.m. on April 14 in reference to a dispute. According to the report, a 27-year-old male advised that while driving, a 25-year-old male subject followed him. He advised he got out of his car and the suspect get out of his and “started to charge.” The subject said he showed a handgun he was carrying and that the suspect kept advancing. The subject drew the gun and pointed it at the suspect who then left in his vehicle. The subject advised the two had been feuding. The report indicates the subject had a valid conceal carry permit.

• Police responded to the 700 block of West Main Street at 2:03 p.m. on April 14 on call of a drug overdose involving a 28-year-old male. Three doses of Narcan were used to revive him. He was transported to Clinton Memorial Hospital and later incarcerated. Police seized two hypodermic needles, a bag of empty gel caps, and two cell phones.

• Police responded to the 500 block of John Chambers Drive for a suspicious person complaint at 3:30 p.m. on April 14. Police spoke with a 41-year-old female who advised around an hour ago when her daughter was walking she was approached by a white male in his 30s or 40s driving an older looking black sedan. The suspect asked the daughter if she wanted to go to a party, she said no, and he soon left. The mother advised she would let officers know if she saw him again.

• Police responded to a pharmacy on East Main Street at 4:15 p.m. on April 14 in reference to a theft. According to the report, the manager observed a 34-year-old male conceal a Powercell Bluetooth Anti Loss GPS Alarm in the front of his pants and left without paying.

• At 6:02 p.m. on April 14, police responded to the 500 block of North South Street for a barking dog complaint. According to the report, a set of dogs were in a kennel and another dog near a fence and whining. After the Dog Warden arrived they knocked on the resident’s door but no one replied. They entered the property and found dog that was whining wrapped around a tree with no food, water, or shelter. The report indicates that the dog appeared to be malnourished and indicated his ribs could be seen. A neighbor advised that they had been feeding the dog. The responding officer used his body cam to record the environment and the dog was taken by the dog warden. The officer said he attempted to see who owned the dog for pending charges.

• Police dispatched to the 300 block of South Walnut Street at 4:55 a.m. on April 15 for an assault call. A 36-year-old female advised she let some people use her shower, they were taking too long and she asked them to leave. She claimed that they then assaulted her. The alleged assaulters were a 33-year-old Blanchester female, a 28-year-old Wilmington male, and his unidentified girlfriend. The victim and a 38-year-old male that police spoke to were advised to come in later in the day to make a report. The subjects failed to respond.

• Police responded to the 300 block of East Locust Street at 5:47 p.m. on April 15 for a male allegedly overdosing. According to the report, a 28-year-old male was stumbling around and running into the side of the caller’s shed was then laying next to it. He was revived with multiple doses of Narcan. He transported to Clinton Memorial Hospital.

• Police responded to a restaurant on East Main Street at 4:17 p.m. on April 16 for a 30-year-old male employee overdosing. The subject was revived by Narcan and transported to Clinton Memorial Hospital.

• At 9:26 p.m. on April 16, police responded to a two-vehicle accident at the 100 block on South Walnut Street. According to the report, a white SUV struck a parked Mustang pushing it over the curb and over a fire hydrant causing water to flow up into the vehicle. The Mustang owner, a 40-year-old male, escorted the SUV driver, a 27-year-old female, who bleeding to his porch and administered first aid. Officers reported they located barbiturates and other narcotics on her. She was taken into custody.

Reach John Hamilton at 937-728-6397


By John Hamilton