WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Speedway, 393 Locust St., Wilmington, April 27. The side of the donut cabinet is broken, exposing the pressboard. There is a light out in the walk-in cooler. The silver faceplate of the Speedy Freeze has black mildew/mold spots on it. Area is hard to get to because of large plastic dispenser covers. The floors throughout the facility are dirty. There are gnats flying around the condiment container (onions, pickles, relish, etc.). All floors, walls and ceilings need to be maintained clean. All facilities need to be free from insects/rodents/pests.
Critical: The nacho cheese was 120°F and the chili was 130°F.
• Family Dollar, 640 Cherry St., Blanchester, April 26. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 3.4 and 6.4. Thank you. Lights out in frozen food reach-in. Lights out in Masterbuilt 2-door freezer. Front cover off Masterbuilt freezer. Light out in 3-door reach-in. All equipment must be maintained in good working order. (2nd Notice.) There is broken floor tile throughout facility. Trash on floors under shelving units. Evidence of rodent feces on shelves behind mashed potatoes and peanuts/popcorn/canned pop. While conducting inspection, noticed ceiling tiles health and beauty items that were damaged/missing. (Possible water leak.)
Follow-up: May 30.
• Buffalo Wild Wings, 143 Fairway Drive, Wilmington, April 25. Follow-up. The following violations have been corrected: 4.4 and 6.4. Thank you. There is rust on the ceiling and walls of the walk-in cooler (chicken cooler). The seal is broken on the door of the walk-in freezer. There is rust on door of the walk-in cooler (attached to freezer). The wall behind the 3-compartment sink and prep sink is dirty and has some mildew growth. The cove molding is missing underneath the sinks. While conducting the inspection, I noticed some gnats on wall around the hand sink. Please call extermination company to remedy this problem. (2nd Notice.) Facility has submitted plans for an extensive remodel set to take place starting May 9. All of the above violations must be corrected, along with all renovations prior to facility re-opening.
• Engine House Pizza Station 2, 416 E. Washington St., Sabina, April 24. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.4, 4.4, 4.8, 5.1, 6.1. Self-closer missing on rear exit door in middle space. Floor near employee restroom has paint chipped. Concrete chipped/unlevel in middle space.
• Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, 1633 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, April 26. Everything looks good. No violations at this time.
• Cluxton’s Dairy Bar, 267 W. Main St., New Vienna, April 27. Cole slaw and sauces in reach-in cooler were not dated.
• United Dairy Farmers, 395 E. Main St., Wilmington, April 27. By the back exit door, there is a lot of dirt along the wall (in the corner). Noticed there was a trap in this area for rodents. Keeping this area free from dirt/debris will help with any rodent problems.
Critical: The inside of ice machine ice chute has pink residue.
• MacD’s Pub, 1400 W. Main St., Wilmington, April 25. Follow-up. The following violations have been corrected: 4.5. Thank you. There is some black mildew on the ceiling of the walk-in cooler. The paint is chipping on the shelves of the walk-in. (3rd Notice.) There is a nonworking light in kitchen. There is broken floor tile in front of the stove/deep fryer.
• Food Mart, 149 W. Washington St., Sabina, April 25. Follow-up. There is no thermometer in the Habco reach-in cooler. (2nd Notice.) There are four nonworking lights in the reach-in cooler. (2nd Notice.) The cabinet door under Monster cooler is broken. There is trash on floor of the back room. There is trash on floor of the walk-in cooler. Cabinet is broken and coming apart by handwash sink/Pepsi machine. (2nd Notice.)
Follow-up: May 30.