WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• At 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, a 35-year-old male and 31-year-old female were charged in a child abuse case involving a three-year-old.
• At 3:25 p.m. on Sept. 1, police received a report of child abuse. The report lists a 38-year-old female and a 39-year-old male as suspects.
• At 3:59 p.m. on Sept. 1, police received a report of an assault that took place at the 1000 block of State Route 134 South in Wilmington.
• At 5:30 p.m. on Sept. 8, a 77-year-old male called police saying she received a call from people saying they’re from the FBI and they had a warrant for him. He said they were phishing for personal information. Police looked up the number given to them and discovered several complaints linked to the number. They advised the victim to block the number.
• At 7:51 p.m. on Sept. 8, police responded to the 800 block of East Columbus Street on the report of a theft. According to the report, a 32-year-old female reported that a Little Tykes Slide was stolen.
• At 6:33 p.m. on Sept. 1, police responded to the parking lot at Main and Mulberry streets in reference to a theft. According to the report, $400 in cash was stolen from two females, ages 29 and 24. This took place at the 900 block of South South Street. A 36-year-old Dayton male is listed as a suspect.
• Between May 9 and Aug. 16, police began an identity theft and fraud report. The victims listed included a 26-year-old female and 48-year-old male. Three 37-year-old suspects were listed. An investigation is pending review from the Ohio Attorney General’s office.
• Police responded to the 200 block of South Nelson Avenue at 12:57 p.m. on Sept. 2 on a theft report. According to the report, a 26-inch Schwinn woman’s pink and black bike was stolen from the residence.
• Police were on the scene of a multi-vehicle accident at the 1000 block of Xenia Avenue that took place at 5:31 p.m. on Sept. 4. According to the report, an officer was directing traffic for a house fire at the 900 block of Xenia Avenue, when a red pickup truck going at high speed hit the driver side of a silver pickup truck as he was turning on Kentucky Avenue. Witnesses said the red truck was passing several cars in the southbound lane before hitting the other truck. The driver of the red truck, a 37-year-old male, said he was volunteer fireman responding to the fire, though the report indicates there were no emergency lights on the truck.
• Police responded to the 100 block of South South Street at 7:48 p.m. on Sept. 4 on a breaking and entry call. A 37-year-old male resident told authorities that someone was in the back of his truck and stole $200 worth of tools.
• At 8:33 p.m. on Sept. 4, police responded to a burglary call at the 300 block of Grant Street. A 23-year-old male resident told police that he laid down for a nap at 5 p.m. and when he woke up at 8 p.m. he discovered several items stolen. These items included his wallet and the items inside and a PlayStation 4 with three games.
• At 3:46 p.m. on Sept. 5, a 41-year-old Mount Pleasant male was charged with property damage after allegedly breaking the apartment window at the 1-99 block of Jodie Lane. A 19-year-old victim was listed as a female.
• Police responded to the 1-99 block of Josephine Street at 9:33 a.m. on Sept. 6 for a property damage report. According to the report, the victim stated he found his the driver’s side rear tire had been slashed. The victim stated he had has a suspect in mind but didn’t have any proof.
• At 9:28 p.m. on Sept. 7, police spoke with a 32-year-old female about a 43-year-old male who was allegedly using a vehicle without permission.
Wilmington police also recently charged the following people:
• Amanda Foley, 30, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged aggravated robbery.
• Rebecca Willison, 26, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged illegal use/possession marijuana paraphernalia, dangerous drug possession, driving while under the influence, and driving in marked lanes/continuous lines.
• Matthew Scarberry, 34, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged failure to appear on a theft charge.
• Joseph Doughman, 23, of Lynchburg, was charged with alleged driving while under the influence and driving in marked lanes/continuous lines.
• Samuel Gunter, 27, of Port William, was charged with allegedly obstructing justice, resisting arrest, and two counts of illegal use/possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Melissa Greene, 27, of Sabina, was charged with alleged theft.
• Bruce McLaughlin, 49, of Wilmington, was charged with allegedly abusing harmful intoxicants.
• Jacob Ritchie, 25, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged failure to appear on a criminal damage charge.
• Kathleen Reusser, 57, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged theft.
• Charles Rhinesmith, 36, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged driving under the influence.
• Taylor Hamilton, 22, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged criminal trespass and two counts of drug abuse instrument possession.
• Ruben Fonseca, Jr., 19, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged underage consumption.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU