WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• The Corner Market, 10 Main St., Clarksville, Oct. 26. According to person in charge, facility has new owner but same company. Facility has expanded menu since last inspection: Hamburgers, pizza, hoagies, chicken, lunch meat, hand-dipped ice cream, boiled peanuts, slushie, fountain pop. No one at facility is Class II certified. Soda syrup and slushie syrup stored underneath hand sink. Deal broken on walk-in cooler. Hood above deep fryer missing paint. Ice build-up in freezer (walk-in). Countertop coming off around hand sink. Counter under cappucino machine is dirty. Mold-mildew build-up on outside of slushie machine. Wall behind prep cooler in kitchen is dirty. Cracked floor tile in kitchen and throughout facility. All non-working equipment needs to be removed from the facility.
Critical: Facility has installed new pizza oven and hand-dipped ice cream with new water dip that was installed without permit. Must stop using hand-dipped ice cream immediately! All plumbing must be installed by licensed plumber and inspected by plumbing inspector. Boxes of raw chicken stored on floor of walk-in cooler. Additionally, chicken boxes are open and not covered, exposing chicken to possible contamination of dirt and debris. Sliced turkey, bologna, and cheese are not dated. Inside of ice machine in back dry storage area is dirty.
Follow-up: Approx. Nov. 22.
• El Dorado Mexican Restaurant, 1426 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Oct. 17. Follow-up. No one at the facility is Class II food safety cetified. there are towels in the kitchen area on counters not stored in sanitizer solution. (2nd Notice.) There was a bowl being used as a scoop in the salsa in the back walk-in cooler. (2nd Notice.) There are bags being used at the fajita prep cooler to grab the product (instead of changing gloves). (2nd Notice.) There was mildew on the ceiling of the front walk-in cooler (in the back). There is mildew on the caulking behind the 3-compartment sink. (2nd Notice.) Glass cleaner stored in the kitchen by the spices. (2nd Notice.)
• Food Mart, 149 W. Washington St., Sabina, Oct. 17. There are no paper towels and soap at handwashing sinks. The Habco cooler does not have thermometer. There are 3 lights out in walk-in cooler and 2 out in 7-Up cooler. There is a lot of trash and boxes by the back door. Broken countertop by soda machine and under Starbucks cooler (where cups are stored). Several pieces of nonworking equipment in the facility (ice cream machine, slushie, pizza oven, pizza warmer, etc.)
Critical: At the fajita prep cooler there were undated containers of hamburgers, chicken and beef. (2nd Notice.)
Follow-up: Approx. Nov. 16.
• Cherrybend Pheasant Farm, 2326 Cherrybend Road, Wilmington, Oct. 17. No violations at this time. All food is catered in by Shoelaces Catering.
• Village Deli, 405 E. Washington St., Sabina, Oct. 17. Everything looks good. No violations at this time.
• East End School, 769 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Oct. 20. Everything looks good.
• East Clinton High School, 174 Larrick Road, Lees Creek, Oct. 17. No violations at this time.
• New Vienna Elementary, 301 E. Church St., New Vienna, Oct. 18. Everything looks good.
• Max & Ermas, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington, Oct. 18. Floor drains have been cleaned. Pest control company treating facility. Gnat population reduced. Still some gnats, much better. Will return for regular re-inspections on/around Nov. 9.
• Denver Elementary, 291 Lorish Ave., Wilmington, Oct. 20. Water on floor under booster heater and tiles under warewash machine dirty/stained. Person in charge stated new part for booster heater on order.
• Holmes Elementary, 1350 W. Truesdell, Wilmington, Oct. 20. No violations at this time.
• Ron’s Place, 126 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, Oct. 26. Critical: Cheese slices, sliced lunchmeat and shredded cheese in prep cooler were not dated. All product was dated while I was there. Corrected. Wall behind deep fryers was dirty/dusty. Floor in kitchen had paint coming off.