WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Streber’s Market, 299 N. South St., New Vienna, Oct. 25. No employee at this facility is Class II food safety certified.
Critical: Following items were outdated and must be discarded: Peanut butter cup mousse (10/8) in grab and go cooler; potato salad (10/21) in grab and go cooler; 2-percent quart containers of white milk (10/20). In the reach-in prep cooler, the pepperoni, sliced cheese, etc. not dated. In the Coffeemate dispenser, neither container of creamer was dated. In the lunch meat cooler, the bologna, ham, etc. were not dated. In the walk-in cooler, the containers of tomato sauce were not dated. Black debris hanging from nozzle of orange slushine machine. There are knives stored in the hand sink (dirty knives). Hand sinks are for handwashing only.
There was a cup being used as a scoop in the PHT breading. There is a cup collecting water in the deli cooler. There is lots of ice/condensate on the condenser lines of the walk-in freezer. Shelves of walk-in cooler are rusted and covered with paper. Water on floor of walk-in cooler under boxes of chicken. Vector light stored on shelf with single-service items under prep table. Three mops stored in buckets of water in dry storage area. Broken floor tile in front of deep fryers.
Follow-up: Approx. Nov. 22.
• Gold Star Chili, 942 Cherry St., Blanchester, Oct. 24. Follow-up. Three violations were corrected. Thank you. No employee is Class II food safety certified. Countertop in front of hot bar is coming apart, being held together with tape. (3rd Notice.) Prep sink in the back is leaking water into bucket. (3rd Notice.) Several gnats flying around in kitchen area by dishwasher. Please contact pest control operator.
Critical: Person in charge was unable to tell me what temperature to reheat foods. (3rd Notice.) Chicken chunks by steam table were 45°F. Discussed with person in charge about adjusting temperature of cooler. (3rd Notice.)
Follow-up: Approx. Nov. 21.
• MacD’s Pub, 1400 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Oct. 25. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected.
• Domino’s Pizza, 265 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Oct. 25. No verification that any employee at this facility is Class II food safety certified. Vents over the pizza ovens have dust build-up. There is broken cove tile by the walk-in cooler. RFP board beside 3-compartment sink is coming loose. There are fly strips above 3-compartment sink and dry storage area. Pizza sauce splattered on wall behind prep table.
• Midland 1st Stop, 126 Cuba Pike, Midland, Oct. 24. No verification that any employee at this store is Class II food safety certified. Seal on the door of beer cooler is broken. Lights not working in beer cooler and walk-in cooler.
Critical: In the refrigerator, the ham, sliced cheese, shredded cheese, sausage gravy, pepperoni and bacon was not properly dated.
Follow-up: Approx. Nov. 21.
• Wilmington Bowling Center, 2667 SR 22/3, Wilmington, Oct. 24. Seal is coming off around door of the True reach-in freezer.
• We’re Rolling Pretzel, 2825 SR 73 S, Wilmington, Oct. 24. Floor by the ice maker and mop sink is dirty and cracked. Wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty.
• 73 Grill, 3669 SR 380, Wilmington, Oct. 20. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected.
• Damon’s, 1045 Eastside Drive, Wilmington, Oct. 20. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected.
• The Outpost, 3992 SR 730, Wilmington, Oct. 20. No verification of any employee having a Class II certification.
Critical: Packages of brats that are open in the walk-in cooler are not dated.
Follow-up: Nov. 21.