ADAMS TWP. – The Clinton-Massie Local School District has received an Auditor of State award from the Ohio Auditor of State’s office after recently completing an in-depth review and audit of the district’s financial records.
CM treasurer Tracy Parker’s excellent record-keeping played a key role this achievement. Superintendent Matt Baker said, “For the fifth year in a row the Clinton-Massie Treasurer’s Office has received the Auditor of State Award for a clean audit. Clinton-Massie is proud of this accomplishment and the recognition by the state of our hard-working staff.”
“I am excited once again to receive the Auditor of State award for our clean audit.” Parker stated. “It goes without saying that this accomplishment would not be possible without a great staff and district support.”
That staff includes administrative assistant for payroll Natalie Gardner and administrative assistant for accounts payable and receivable Nikki Pollack. Central office administrative assistant Cyndi Vonderhaar also works closely with the treasurer’s staff.
Parker was also recognized as the Southwest Regional Outstanding Treasurer of the Year at an awards ceremony held by the Ohio School Boards Association at the Warren Country Career Center on March 13.
President Jeremy Lamb stated, “On behalf of the BOE, and personally, I want to congratulate Mrs. Parker on receiving the Southwest Regional Treasurer of the Year award. Tracy’s commitment to excellence is second to none, and this award is recognition by her peers of that commitment. Mrs. Parker is not only worthy of this award, but I would argue that there is no better treasurer in the State of Ohio.”
The Auditor of State award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet all of the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
• The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
• The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
• The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
• Ethics referrals
• Questioned costs less than $10,000
• Timely report submission
• Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
• Findings for recovery less than $100
• Public meetings or public records