WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Burger King, 1607 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, April 18. Verification demonstrating employees know when to report illness unavailable. Clean-up procedure for vomit/diarrhea unavailable. Level 2 certification unavailable.
Critical: Time label sticker missing on bacon. Trays of bacon found past discard time on time label stickers. Cycle log for heat treatment dispensing freezer unavailable. Person in charge unable to display cycle information and temperature of hoppers.
Large amounts of ice accumulated in the breakfast/burger walk-in freezer. Burger reach-in sliding door freezer door is damaged (insulation exposed) and does not close/seal (bent). Shelf has rust and coating peeling in the ice coffee cooler. Grease/food debris accumulation on hot holding unit for met on sandwich line, fry warmer and side of fryers. Cookie display unit has debris. Walk-in freezer (specialty) has food debris on floor/mat. Food pan (empty) was in hand sink. Hand sink must be kept free of storage items to allow frequent and proper handwashing. 3-compartment sink must be sealed to wall. Treads entering walk-in freezer are peeling. Dust accumulating on ceiling tiles throughout kitchen. General dirt/food debris accumulated on floors/mats/corners of walls and floors in facility.
Follow-up: May 9.
• New Vienna 1st Stop, 101 N. South St., New Vienna, April 9. Cappuccino storage containers and sugar bottles name labels are worn, missing or inaccurate. Bags of sausage patties, egg patties, etc. in walk-in freezer left open/not covered. Soda bibs stored on floor. Bottom door and/or seal of reach-in cooler damaged (Frigidaire). Container storing clean ice cream scoops damaged/taped as repair. Sugar dispensers at beverage counter have residues. Top inner surface of microwave has food debris accumulation. Dishes air drying on cloth towel. Dumpster missing two lids. Trash receptacle for sanitary napkins in women’s restroom missing lid. Kitchen exit door has holes/cloth filling missing door knob area (must be sealed to keep out pests). Light bulbs above food prep/sales counter missing shield. Men’s restroom missing handwashing sign. Light nonworking in dry storage area.
Critical: Pizza 127°F (hot holding cabinet), creamer cups: ice melted/air temp. 60s°F (beverage counter).
Follow-up: May 7.
• Taco Bell, 1701 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, April 19. Standard/Complaint. Received complaint regarding toilet tank lid damaged near handle, toilet seat loose in women’s restroom. Lid to the tank had a chip/crack.
Critical: Guacamole on side with deep fryer was 44°F (must be kept 41°F or below).
There was a lot of grease on the floor by the deep fryers. Cracked floor tile in front of walk-in cooler. Cracked floor tile in front of deep fryer. Wall behind 3-compatment sink was dirty.
Follow-up: Approx. May 19.
• Wilmington Bowling Center, 2667 US 22/Ohio 3, Wilmington, April 12. Critical: Nacho cheese was at 120°F (must be kept hot at 135°F or above). Sliced American cheese in Ziploc bag was not dated; marinara sauce, ranch sauce and BBQ sauce not dated in squeeze bottles.
Shelves in reach-in cooler were rusted.
Follow-up: Approx. May 10.
• CVS Pharmacy, 120 E. Main St., Wilmington, April 16. Trash/debris observed surrounding dumpster on ground. Employee illness reporting poster unavailable.
• The Fishing Pole Bait Shop, 5071 SR 350 West, Clarksville. Light nonworking in Dr. Pepper reach-in cooler. Debris/dirt observed in corners/edge of floors. Floor tile damaged near exit.
• Shop & Go, 1089 W. Locust St., Wilmington, April 12. Several lights out in back room. Side wall of walk-in cooler has black residue on it.