WILMINGTON — Twenty-nine members of the Wilmington High School Class of 1956 attended a Saturday, June 2 gathering for their 80th birthday year at the General Denver in downtown Wilmington.
Here is the list of registered attendees: 1) Dr. Jerry Dickey of Cincinnati and guest Phil Carnes of Columbus, Class of 1957 and executor of Bill Gillaugh’s estate. Mr. Gillaugh’s estate prompted the party and paid for the dinners. 2) Fred Summers and his wife Julia of Wilmington. 3) Marcia Ferris Johnson of Tavares, Florida.
4) Ruth Ann Norris Brandenburg of Sabina and guest Howard Wright. 5) Lucy Floyd Brooks of Wilmington. 6) Carol Sue Dunn Harris and husband David of Wilmington. 7) Libby Bisher Shaffer and husband Don of Lancaster.
8) Leona M. Smith of Cuba, Ohio and her sister Sue A. Smith. 9) Phil Post of Lebanon, Ohio. 10) Doris E. Wilson Roberts of Wilmington, the wife of deceased class member Rick Roberts. 11) John R. Meadows and his wife Mary A. of Corpus Christi, Texas.
12) Martha C. Cohn Knowles of Wilmington and her son Jamie H. Knowles. 13) Sue Schultz Markle of Wilmington. 14) Dr. Betty Mae Johnson Crandall and husband Jim of Charlotte, Michigan.
15) Corwin Drake and his wife Kay of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. 16) Janie Doak Wildoner of Wilmington. 17) Mary Robinson Jackson of Summerfield, Florida and her daughter Shelly Davis.
18) Janice Sievers Martin and her husband Jim of Louisville, Kentucky. 19) Carolyn Dixon of Wilmington, the wife of deceased class member Mack Dixon. 20) John Williams and his wife Nancy of Wilmington.
21) Marvin Taulbee of Jacksonville, Florida and guest David Farah. 22) Dewey Earley and his wife Jean of Sabina. 23) Jim Wilson and his wife Donna of Wilmington. 24) Maxine Starkey Current of Wilmington. 25) Matt Drake and his wife Lynn of Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
26) Wilma Tener Schall and her husband Leo of Centerville. 27) Larry Sewell and his wife Loetta of Wilmington. 28) Catherine Casey Hawes of Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. And 29) John Kersey of Milford.
Several classmates planning on coming were unable to. They are classmate Bob Hadley and his wife Judy of Kettering; Jo Ann Fudge Ramseyer and her husband Bob of Millersburg; and David Slyby and his wife Dottie of Middletown.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU