WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• East Clinton High School, 174 Larrick Road, Sabina, May 22. Complaint.
Received complaint regarding pictures of moldy hamburger bun posted on Facebook. Also received complaint regarding moldy hot dog bun. Discussed complaint with manager and person in charge in kitchen. Sandwich with mold on it was replaced with new sandwich. Styrofoam trays are stacked at lunch to reduce amount of trash bags/waste that is being produced. Trays are not re-used. Water standing in bottom of reach-in milk cooler. Ice hanging from condenser in walk-in freezer, on shelves under freezer unit and all around door and door seal of walk-in. Vent above oven was dirty.
Critical: Shredded cheese and sliced cucumbers on the salad bar were at 45°F (must be kept cold at 41°F or below).
Follow-up: At beginning of next school year.
• New China Dragon, 103 E. Main St., Blanchester, May 31. Standard/Complaint. Received complaint regarding back door standing open and allowing insects, rodents etc. entrance to facility. When I arrived at facility, went to back and screen door and back door standing open. All openings to exterior must be fitted with tight-fitting doors. If doors are to be left open, then the opening must be screened. When I arrived at facility, no employee was wearing a hat. There were cups being used as scoops in corn starch, flour and sugar. Roast pork in the walk-in cooler and the pork cubes in freezer were stored in grocery bags. Cracked floor tiles throughout the kitchen area and the floor is starting to give under the prep table/prep cooler. There were towels lying on counter and on corner of stove by wok.
Critical: Egg roll filling on counter was 57°F, rice in large container at 117°F, fried chicken pieces in the cooler at 74°F and raw shrimp on prep cooler was 51°F. (Must be kept hot at 135°F or above or cold at 41°F or below to help reduce bacterial growth.) Raw beef stored over cooked food in walk-in cooler. Frozen food defrosting over ready-to-eat foods in walk-in cooler. No food product in the walk-in cooler of the reach-in prep cooler was labeled or dated.
Follow-up: Approx. June 28.
• Majestic Springs Golf Club, 1631 Todds Fork Road, Wilmington, May 24. Critical: Brat 127°F, hamburger 120°F (must be kept hot at 135°F or above to help reduce bacterial growth).
Employees need to know where to wash hands.
Follow-up: Approx. June 21.
• Trula’s General Store, 384 W. SR 350, Wilmington, May 22. Everything looks good. Thank you!
• Hood Packaging Company, 1961 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, May 24. Cabinet locked with lights on; unit unaccessible. Coffee machine inspected. Has water line backed up and float says out of service when that gets high.
• Windy Acres, 6805 SR 73 W, Wilmington, May 24. Everything looks good. Thank you!
• PC Connection Micromarket, 3336 Progress Way, Wilmington, May 24. All 3 units locked when shut down by service personnel. Everything looks good!
• Camp Kirkwood, 5719 SR 73 W, Wilmington, May 23. Door seal on 2-door reach-in cooler damaged. Fan cover in 2-door reach-in cooler has dust accumulation. Minor pink/black residues in inner guard in ice machine. Residues/spillage accumulation on floor in walk-in cooler. Light bulb nonworking in ceiling fixture in dish area. Wood shelf on cart needs sealed.
• Pilot Travel Center, 5772 US 68 N, Wilmington, May 30. Critical: Bottles of sauce in walk-in cooler were not dated. Inside edge of ice machine was dirty.
Seal on walk-in freezer not working; build-up of ice on door. manger stated working on getting seals replaced.
Follow-up: Approx. June 27.
• Thousand Trails Canteen, 1786 SR 380, Wilmington, May 30. Everything looks good. Thank you!
• S&S Market, 513 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, May 31. Everything looks good. Thank you!
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU