WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• La Bamba of Clinton County, 961 S. South St., Wilmington, Sept. 10. Critical: Open chlorine concentration measured at warewash machine. Person in charge contacting Ecolab for service and will manually sanitize until able to measure 50-100 ppm. Flour breading used with raw chicken found on shelf at room temperature. Open packages of lunch meat not marked with date. Asterisk missing on menu to indicate what menu items the consumer advisory is applied to. Observed gnats at soda nozzle gun and beer tap area. Contact pest control operator for assistance.
Wet cloths found stored on tables. Light ceiling fixture above dry stock area nonworking. Hand sink had black residues below faucet and at caulking at splash guards. Shoes and purse found on bar shelf.
• Domino’s Pizza, 211 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, Aug. 31. Level 2 certification unavailable. Container of corn meal missing label. Food debris and spillage on floor in walk-in cooler (especially under shelving). Shelves in walk-in cooler have dust and food debris accumulation. Dust accumulated on fan. Black residues observed on wall above 3-sink. Tray under 3-sink has black residue. Cove trim missing near walk-in cooler. Cove trim missing on wall across from 3-sink. Plumbing at 3-sink leaking? Light in globe near walk-in cooler door is emitting dim lighting.
Follow-up: Sept. 24.
• East End School, 769 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Aug. 31. Critical: Salsa found dated Aug. 15.
Light bulb nonworking on serving line.
• Denver Elementary School, 291 Lorish Ave., Wilmington, Aug. 31. Warewash machine final rinse temperature displays 177°F. Lock/cover plate on milk cooler missing, creating a hole in equipment. Black residues accumulated on door seals of McCall reach-in freezer. Floor tiles under warewash machine booster heater, tables, etc. are stained.
• Frisch’s, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 7. Follow-up. Two previous violations corrected. Level 2 certification unavailable.
Critical: Cottage cheese 48°F on breakfast bar; tuna salad 43°F in Traulsen reach-in cooler. Several RTE TCS foods (sauces, cheeses, etc.) date marked for 8 or more days.
Rack used to store holding transfer fried foods has debris accumulations. Trash debris outside of dumpster. Floor tiles damaged in server areas. Lights nonworking in vent hood above fryers. Frost/ice accumulated in walk-in freezer. Duct tape observed on door of unit. Knocking noise heard coming from unit. Rust accumulated/starting on shelving in Delfield reach-in cooler. Lettuce, food debris accumulated on/behind cook line equipment.
Follow-up: Sept. 21.
• Burger King, 1607 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 10. Complaint. Complaint claims soap dispenser in women’s restroom was broken. Investigated complaint. Women’s and men’s soap dispensers in restrooms were functional. No concerns at visit.
• Kroger, 1001 Cherry St., Blanchester, Sept. 12. There were gnats in the deli and bakery area. Coffee machine in bakery self-service area was dirty. Wall behind hand sink in deli areas (behind hot display case) was dirty. Floor under ovens/cookers in deli was dirty.
• Spillway Lodge, 623 Old State Road, Clarksville, Sept. 11. Behind the bar, milk was dated 9/9 and orange juice was dated 9/10. Gnats flying around the restrooms and outside of the kitchen area. Employees in kitchen were not wearing hair restraints. Sears Coldspot freezer has excessive ice build-up inside of unit. Hamilton Beach microwave has paint peeling off inside of unit.