WILMINGTON — The deadline to register to vote or to update an existing registration ahead of the Nov. 6 general election is Oct. 9, according to the Ohio Secretary of State’s Office.
Voters may go to MyOhioVote.com/VoterRegistration to register online or to update an existing registration, or for more information about voting.
All voters may begin voting on Oct. 10 — the first day after the close of registration — via in-person and by mail-in absentee ballot.
County boards of elections will begin mailing absentee ballots to registered military and overseas voters who have requested a ballot this Saturday, Sept. 22.
Local voters will find a large number of, and variety of, issues on Clinton County ballots for the Nov. 6 general election.
Below is the list of Nov. 6 ballot issues, many of which will be previewed by the News Journal prior to the election:
• Clinton-Massie Local School District, additional 0.5 percent income tax, 5 years
• East Clinton Local School District, 5.7-mills bond issue, 28 years and 0.5-mill tax levy, 23 years
• Great Oaks Career Campuses, renewal, 2.7 mills, continuing period of time, current expenses
• Clinton County Job & Family Services, addition, 1.1 mills, 5 years, supporting Child Protective Unit
• Village of Blanchester, additional, 0.5 percent income, 5 years, extension and enlargement of municipal services and facilities, capital improvements, maintenance, equipment and general municipal operations
• Village of New Vienna, renewal, 4 mills, 5 years, police and EMS
• Village of Port William, renewal, 1 mill, 5 years, current expenses
• Village of Port William, renewal, 3 mills, 5 years, current expenses
• Adams East Fire District, renewal, 3 mills and increase 1 mill, 5 years, fire and EMS
• Clark Township, renewal, 1 mill, 5 years, fire
• Marion Township (excluding Village of Blanchester), additional 5 mills, 5 years, cemetery
• Local Option, 1st Stop Sunday sales, New Vienna
• Local Option, 1st Stop, C-2 liquor permit
Issues overlapping from other counties:
• Harveysburg Police Services, renewal, 2 mills, 5 years
• Harveysburg Operating Levy, renewal, 2.5 mills, 5 years
• Village of Lynchburg, renewal, 5 mills, 5 years, police
• Lynchburg Area Joint Fire & Ambulance District, renewal, 4.3 mills, 5 years, fire
• Brown County Education Service Center, additional 1.95 mills, continuing period of time, current expenses
• Greene County Vocational School, bond issue, $62 million, 20 years, 1.03 mills
Issue 1: “To Reduce Penalties for Crimes of Obtaining, Possessing, and Using Illegal Drugs”