WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from incident reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• On Sept. 20, four separate residents reported someone had rummaged through their respective cars overnight and took items. The incidents occurred at Piedmont Street, Ridge Road, Meadow Ridge Circle, and Willow Bend Drive. Items taken included electronics and sunglasses. Some of the victims reported their vehicles were unlocked.
• At 9 a.m. on Sept. 10, police arrested a 31-year-old male for alleged criminal trespass at the 200 block of Sugartree Street.
• At 10:58 a.m. on Sept. 10, a realty company reported someone did damage to a door on the second floor of a property they own on North Lincoln Street. Officers responded to the property and saw the back door to the second story had been kicked in and panes of glass were in the entryway. The hasps had appeared to be pulled off the wood on the exterior garage.
• At 7:54 p.m. on Sept. 10, police responded to a reported assault at the 200 block of Prairie Avenue. According to the report, a 42-year-old female advised that her neighbor, a 45-year-old male, had come over to her place, the suspect became upset about something, and ripped her tank top off. She advised the two had been friends for years and it was his birthday, and he wanted her to come over. She advised she didn’t feel like going over there so she invited him to her place. Police made contact with the suspect who advised he didn’t know what the police were referring to. He said he was over there but advised she got upset and told him to leave. The report indicates both subjects appeared to be impaired or under the influence. The victim’s tank top was collected as evidence. The case was sent to the prosecutor’s office for review and recommendation of charges.
• At 2:55 p.m. on Sept. 11, a 20-year-old male reported his car was broken into while parked at his residence on South South Street. The victim advised the vehicle was locked but there appeared to be no signs of forced entry. According to the report, a silver 2,000-watt amp, a black Planet Audio 4,000-watt amp, a JVC radio, and Skull Candy wireless earbuds were stolen.
• At 4:22 p.m. on Sept. 11, police responded to a restaurant on Progress Way on the report of a laptop being stolen. He advised it was taken by a 53-year-old male who, when asked what his name was by the victim, replied, “God.” Officers checked the area but didn’t find the suspect’s gold Jeep Grand Cherokee.
• At 6:34 p.m. on Sept. 11, police responded to the 600 block of North Lincoln Street on a reported theft that had just occurred. A 54-year-old male resident advised a 24-year-old male had taken a green wagon. Police spoke with the 61-year-old male resident, the suspect’s father, who advised the suspect was trying to get into his residence where the wagon was located. Police were unable to locate the suspect. A warrant was issued for the suspect for theft.
• At 9:54 a.m. on Sept. 12, police received a report of an alleged rape that occurred on Southridge Avenue in Wilmington from the Clinton County Sheriff’s report. According to the report, police have spoken to 14 individuals related to the case. No further information was listed in the report.
• Police received a report of a theft that occurred at a pharmacy on East Main Street at 2:36 p.m. on Sept. 12. Items listed as stolen included an Atomic Beam light, a Beach Bomb speaker, condoms, and Trojan pulse max massager.
• Police arrested a 23-year-old male for alleged disorderly conduct and domestic violence after authorities responded to active domestic violence call at the 800 block of Piedmont Street at 10:13 p.m. on Sept. 13. A 23-year-old female is listed as the victim.
• At 10:08 p.m. on Sept. 13, an orange and black Mongoose bike was reported stolen from the 300 block of South Walnut Street.
• At 8:50 p.m. on Sept. 14, police responded to a suspicious activity report at the 400 block of North Spring Street where various suspected drug and paraphernalia items and a jar of clear liquid were seized. A 34-year-old male was arrested in relation to the incident.
• At 12:56 p.m. on Sept. 17, police received a report of two shotguns being stolen from an unlocked vehicle at the 1-99 block of Rita Place.
• At 4:44 p.m. on Sept. 17, a 57-year-old male reported his light blue Huffy 7 speed bike was stolen when parked on the bike rack outside a store on Rombach Avenue.
• At 6:15 p.m. on Sept. 17, a 43-year-old male reported four rims, four tries and some scrap metal was stolen from an auto repair shop on North Nelson Avenue.
• At 9:52 a.m. on Sept. 18, a 24-year-old male reported a handgun and laptop were stolen from his unlocked vehicle while parked on North Lincoln and Columbus Street.
• Police received a report of a rape on Hale Street on 2:21 a.m. on Sept. 18. A 51-year-old female is listed as the victim.
• A 31-year-old male was arrested for alleged criminal trespass after police responded to a trespassing report at the 200 block of West Sugartree Street at 2:48 a.m. on Sept. 19.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574