WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Streber’s Market, 299 South St., New Vienna, Sept. 19. Follow-up. Critical: One container of chicken and two pre-packaged sandwiches were dated Sept. 18. There were two containers of cinnamon milk dated Aug. 19 in the refrigerated case. There were 14 containers of Yoplait yogurt dated Aug. 24, Aug. 1, Aug. Aug. 29, Sept. 10 and Sept. 1 in the refrigerated section.
There is foil covering the shelf above the stove.
Follow-up: Approx. Oct. 17.
• Speedway, 393 S. Locust St., Wilmington, Sept. 19. Complaint. Received complaint regarding “dirty floors and disgusting counters.” The counters around, behind and underneath beverage equipment are dirty. Floors are dirty and stained.
• Snow Hill County Club, 11093 SR 73, New Vienna, Sept. 19. There were several gnats around trash can, dishwasher and handwashing sink.
• Wilmington College Dining Hall, Pyle Center, Wilmington, Sept. 19. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected. Thank you!
• Skyline, 2799 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 13. Follow-up. Three previous violations were corrected. Thank you! Back door propped open with rock. Employees not wearing hats, hairnets, visors, braids, buns, etc. to control hair. Counter by tea containers are dirty. Side of ice cream machine is dirty with dust and debris.
• Engine House Pizza, 134 Main St., New Vienna, Sept. 13. There were no thermometers inside 2 refrigeration units in back room. Frigidaire freezer door has duct tape holding it together. Brick open to outside in back room. Paint peeling on ceiling, ceiling missing plaster. Hole in floor on way to soda boxes. Owner stated has had some bricks removed. Getting estimates; working on fixing.
• Engine House Pizza Station 2, 416 E. Washington St., Sabina, Sept. 13. No one is Class 2 food safety certified. (Manager is working on certification.) There was no thermometer in reach-in (1-door) cooler in kitchen. Paint peeling on floor in middle area in front of dry storage.
• Uhl’s IGA, 444 E. Washington St., Sabina, Sept. 13. Critical: Potato cutter was dirty and had not been used today. Outdated milk Sept. 10, outdated turkey Sept. 10 and ham Sept. 11 in deli case.
There were gnats and flies in meat area, bakery and deli area. Floor in meat cutting area dirty. Lighting in deli cooler not adequate. Walk-in bakery freezer had large accumulation of ice.