WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Food Mart, 149 W. Washington St., Sabina, Sept. 21. Critical: Large bag of sugar was not closed while in storage. Mop sink has items stored in sink. Mop water dumped on ground for disposal. Expired baby food on shelf in stock hall (2014-2017; not on sales floor). Discard expired baby food.
Thermometer unavailable in cooler holding retail sandwiches. Lights nonworking in retail reach-in coolers. Shelving in walk-in cooler (near milk section) has black residue. Counter/shelf area with beverage equipment dusty, has spilled coffee beans, etc. Counter at soda fountain machine/sink is damaged. Unused equipment stored in facility. Lights nonworking over unused equipment.
• Domino’s Pizza, 211 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, Sept. 21. Level 2 certification unavailable. Debris and food accumulations on floor under shelving in walk-in cooler. Shelving in walk-in cooler in poor condition; paint peeling, rust accumulated. Light intensity is low in walk-in cooler. Corner trim missing on wall across from 3-sink.
Follow-up: Oct. 19.
• Frisch’s, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 21. Follow-up #2. Critical: Apples 44°F, pancake batter 42°F in Traulsen reach-in cooler (Must be kept cold at 41°F or below),
Level 2 certification unavailable. Rack used to store holding/transfer fried foods has debris accumulations. Floor tiles damaged in server areas. Lights nonworking in vent hood above fryers. Duct tape observed on door of walk-in freezer. Rust accumulated/starting on shelving in Delfield reach-in cooler. Food debris accumulated on/behind cook line equipment. Employee cup did not have a lid in food prep area.
• R+L Cafe, 600 Gillam Road, Wilmington, Sept. 26. Need an employee who is Class 2 certified. Paper towels and soap dispenser needed at hand sink.
• Duchess Shoppe, 2495 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. Sept. 20. Critical: Half & Half was note properly date marked in the dispensing unit.
Inside of microwave was dirty.
• MacD’s Pub, 1400 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Sept. 20. The ceiling in the dry storage area is not easily cleanable. The floor behind the grill and in kitchen is cracked and not easily cleanable.
• Clinton County Head Start, 789 N. Nelson Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 25. Vent hood grates over oven were dirty.
• Clinton County Senior Services, 717 N. Nelson Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 25. Critical: Mechanical dishwashing rinse temperature only reached 169°F after running 3 times.
The good grates over the stove were dirty with dust.
• Blanchester Theatre, 115 E. Main St., Blanchester, Sept. 23. Level 2 certification unavailable.
Follow-up: Oct. 19.