WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• General Denver Hotel, 81 W. Main St., Wilmington, Sept. 19. Critical: Raw chicken is par-cooked (partially cooked to be finished later). Non-continuous cooking of chicken requires written procedures pre-approved by Health District. Cold foods to and above 41°F in Spartan reach-in cooler.
Spartan reach-in cooler is not maintaining TCS food at 41°F or less. Equipment also has water at bottom of unit, shelf has coating peeling, and dust on fan/covers in unit. Person in charge contacted maintenance for repair and cleaning. Door seal on salad prep cooler is damaged. Inner guard on ice machine has black residues. Light fixture above Spartan cooler is nonworking. Tiles at mop sink are damaged. Cove trim is not attached to wall near salad cooler. Area under/near warewash machine has black residues; needs cleaning attention.
• General Denver Hotel, 81 W. Main St., Wilmington, Sept. 26. Follow-up. Four previous violations corrected. Door seal on salad prep cooler is damaged.
• Domino’s Pizza, 265 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Oct. 4. No verification of employee with Class 2 certification. There are no paper towels available at hand sink. There were several flies in facility. Drive-thru window propped open, with no screens. Wiping cloths lying on counter, not in solution. Restroom door propped open, open into food prep area. Floor under 3-compartment sink is dirty.
Follow-up: Approx. Nov. 1.
• Airborne Express, 145 Hunter Drive, Wilmington, Sept. 28. Wall corner trim missing from hand sink. Fire safety tags on fire extinguishers dated 2015-2016 and red non-compliance tag on Ansul pull station.
• Damon’s, 1045 Eastside Drive, Wilmington, Sept. 26. Boxes of canned goods on floor. Stickers and sticker residues found on clean containers. Acoustic ceiling tiles fond next to kitchen ceiling lights over prep areas. Ceiling tiles must be nonabsorbent, smooth and easy to clean. Floor grout near entry into walk-in cooler is worn.
Follow-up: Sept. 26.
• 73 Grill, 3669 SR 380, Wilmington, Oct. 4. Cup stored in parmesan cheese as scoop. Cutting board surfaces on both prep coolers were stained/dirty and had visible cuts. On both prep coolers the lids were comping apart. Pizza prep lid has tape on it to hold it together. Walk-in cooler door catching on the floor and does not close earlier. Bottoms of prep coolers have some rusting/pitting on surface.
• Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen, 301 Batson Road, Wilmington, Oct. 11. Follow-up. 3-compartment sink and grease trap installed and inspected by plumbing inspector. Only violation that has been corrected to date.
• Wendy’s, 50 Roberts Road, Wilmington, Oct. 9. Complaint. Received complaint regarding sanitation of men’s restroom. At time of inspection, there was no problem with the restrooms (both men’s and women’s). Manager said they had been open all week with no problems.
• Clinton County Jail, 1645 Davids Drive, Wilmington, Oct. 10. Large accumulation of water behind oven and soup kettle. Black hose connected to bottom of indirect plumbing at vegetable prep sink.