WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Wilmington Bowling Center, 2667 SR 22/3, Wilmington, Oct. 17. Critical: Ice scoop holder had residue accumulations. Spray bottles storing chemical from bulk were missing common name labels. Gnats observed at soda nozzle gun and keg taps. Person in charge to increase cleaning frequency and contact pest control operator.
Handwashing sign missing at hand sink at bar. Exit door in rear of facility does not seal/close tightly. Steady flow of hot water at hand sink is unavailable at main tend area. Ceiling tile in women’s restrooms has water damage. Toilet seat in men’s restroom not easy to clean. Grease/debris found in 3-sink at bar. Bar area is being altered. Alterations must be approved by Health District.
Follow-up: Nov. 7.
• Combs Bakery, 1221 Wayne Road, Wilmington, Oct. 25. “Complaint regarding gnats in donut display case.” Facility has gnats in display cases. Employees use vacuum to get rid of gnats. Facility needs to contact pest control operator to address the situation to rid facility of insects/pests. All facilities must be free from insects/pests.
• YMCA/Patri-tots Learning Center, 1850 Davids Drive, Wilmington, Oct. 18. Everything looks good. Thank you!
• Burger King, 1607 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Oct. 18. Black rubber strip hanging off bottom of walk-in cooler door. Inside of microwave in kitchen dirty with food debris. Ice build-up on inside of walk-in freezer. Wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty with food splash. Floor under the ice machine n dry storage area is dirty.
• Streber’s Market, 299 South St., New Vienna, Oct. 17. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected. Thank you!
• Flagway, 373 W. Washington St., Sabina, Oct. 17. Shelves in dry storage area are unpainted wood. Outside nozzles on slushie machine have black mildew build-up.
• We’re Rolling Pretzel Co., 2825 SR 73 South, Oct. 25. Complaint. Spoke with manager regarding complaint that “employees don’t wear gloves, manager has Hep C and not throwing away product when expired.” Employees wear gloves when handling food. No employees with Hep C. Product (pretzels) held for 1 hour. Hot dogs held for 2 hours. Product then discarded. Sauces held at 140°F cooked and reheated the next day. Sauces are good for 7 days.
• The Red Zone Neighborhood Grill, 762 W. Main St., Blanchester, Oct. 24. Follow-up. All temperatures were good. Large 2-door cooler has been remodeled.
• Blanchester High School, 953 Cherry St., Blanchester, Oct. 24. Dishwasher not working, currently using 3-compartment sink. Seal on bottom of walk-in freezer door coming apart. All temperatures were good!
• Blanchester Middle School, 955 Cherry St., Blanchester, Oct. 24. Door on walk-in cooler does not shut all the way. Must push closed to get door to seal.
• United Dairy Farmers, 395 E. Main St., Wilmington, Oct. 17. Critical: Pico 44°F, sauerkraut 49°F (must be kept at 41°F or below).
Handwashing sign missing at hand sink (next to mop sink). Employee (handling ice cream) hair was not restrained. Boxes of cups, etc. on floor in hall. Light bulb in sandwich hot-holding display had peeling of the coating on bulb. Self-closure on exit door is broken.
• KFC, 127 E. Main St., Wilmington, Oct. 18. Wiping cloth lying on counter, not in sanitizer solution on service line. Mixer is dirty and rusted. Walk-in freezer has ice on shelving and boxes. Shelving racks/carts in walk-in coolers (both) had food debris build-up. Side of deep fryer had grease and debris. Vent hoods had lots of dust and grease build-up.Outside of coolers/freezers/storage units had food debris/splash on them. Floors throughout the facility were dirty. Wall behind the mixer was dirty.