WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Happy Wok, 1655 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 7. Critical: Containers storing food items (sauces, vegetables, meat, etc.) in freezer, SoBe reach-in cooler and walk-in cooler were not covered. Person in charge to cover with plastic wrap or lids. General Tso chicken 46°F on counter next to fryer. large bowl of raw meat stored on 3-sink. Several TCS ready-to-eat foods missing date marks. Raid ant/roach spray stored next to honey on shelf next to prep cooler. Person in charge relocated. Common name label missing of spray bottle with chemical.
Several pans of hot food cooling in back room. Bag of cabbage found stored on floor. Rust on shelving in prep cooler. Containers storing food are cracked/damaged. Light nonworking in SoBe reach-in cooler. Food debris accumulated in hand sink and prep sink. Cord and box stored in prep sink? Seal at bottom of exit door missing. Floor tile damaged under pork roaster equipment. Light bulbs nonworking in light ceiling fixtures in kitchen. Hair restraint not worn by one food handler.
Also, complaint received Dec. 4 claims lady was cooking and eating out of bowl with fingers while wrapping egg rolls; also touching hair while preparing food. Investigated complaint on Dec. 7. At time of visit employees eating in dining area. Did not observe eating in kitchen. Discussed issues with person in charge.
Follow-up: Dec. 21.
• The Diner, 149 W. Main St., New Vienna, Dec. 7. Critical: Employee chopping cabbage with no gloves on. Person in charge corrected using gloves, cabbage discarded. TCS, ready-to-eat foods missing date marks. Found past expiration dates: Ribs Dec. 5, chipotle ranch Dec. 3, mushrooms Dec. 2, pulled pork Dec. 1. Some food items had the open date or the expiration date. Use one system of date-marking practices to ensure product is discarded when needed and to create less confusion. Person in charge to discard and train employees. Observed gnats in bathroom and kitchen areas. Clean areas to eliminate source and contact pest control operator. Air gap not visible at soda drain line. Person in charge to adjust.
Bottle of nasal spray (medicine) found stored on microwave. Employee restroom door is propped open. Food debris accumulated. General cleaning is needed such as areas behind grease trap. Wet mop stored on floor.
Follow-up: Dec. 21.
• Subway, 31 E. Washington St., Sabina, Dec. 5. Critical: Verification employees know when to report illness unavailable. Microwave has food debris accumulation. Person in charge to clean.
Ingredients stored out of original packaging missing common name label. Household microwave is used. Spatula is heavily stained. Men’s restroom door is missing a self-closer. Dump sink has faucet missing; repair or remove sink. Kitchen ceiling lights (4) nonfunctional. Digital thermometer display broken? Box fans in kitchen have dust accumulations. Floor has debris accumulations in walk-in freezer. Old/non-used equipment must not be stored on premise. Expired FSO license posted.
Level 2 food certified food protection manager unavailable.
• Autumn Years Nursing Center, 580 E. Washington St., Sabina, Dec. 5. Follow-up. Residential stove in use in the kitchen. Grout missing at floor tiles under warewash machine.
• Stephanie’s, 142 Main St., New Vienna, Dec. 7. Critical: Shredded cheese (Nov. 21) and lemons (Dec. 1) found past discard date on date mark label, Person in charge discarded.
Debris accumulations found in sandwich prep cooler. Floor tile damaged in kitchen and service area.