CINCINNATI – The Wilmington High School tennis team was defeated by Turpin 5-0 Friday in the Ohio Tennis Coaches Association state team tournament at THS.
The Hurricane had just one three-set match, a 6-3, 3-6, 6-10 loss to Jonathan Fender and Brady Henry at first doubles.
All other matches were won by Turpin in two sets.
March 22, 2019
State Team Tournament
@Turpin High School
• Brayden Rhoads was def by P. Wantz 3-6, 4-6
• Avery Bradshaw was def by A. Kissel 0-6, 0-6
• Jack Romer was def by N. Dittmann 1-6, 3-6
• Jonathan Fender, Brady Henry were def by P. Rhodes, M. Reynolds 6-3, 3-6, 6-10
• Caleb Reed, Jacob Romer were def by R. Owens, L. Chavez 4-6, 0-6