WILMINGTON – Playing well on each court, the Wilmington High School tennis team defeated Centerville black 3-2 Monday on the WHS courts.
The Elks came in to the match ranked No. 6 in the latest Miami Valley Tennis Coaches Association poll with a 6-2 record.
Wilmington is 9-4 on the season.
Caleb Reed and Jonathan Fender were down 4-5 in the third set and won three straight games to clinch their first doubles win as well as the match for the Hurricane.
Jack Romer battled back from a first set loss to post a 2-6, 7-5, 6-3 win at third singles. It was Romer’s 12 consecutive victory.
Brayden Rhoads was solid in 6-1, 6-4 win at second singles.
“Everyone played great and we needed it all to beat a tough team,” WHS coach Steve Reed said.
April 15 2019
@Wilmington High School
Wilmington 3 Centerville 2
• Avery Bradshaw was def by K. Panwar 6-4, 4-6, 4-6
• Brayden Rhoads defeated M. Ali 6-1, 6-4
• Jack Romer defeated J. Zhang 2-6, 7-5, 6-3
• Caleb Reed, Jonathan Fender defeated M. Buttram, R. Dubuc 7-5, 5-7, 6-4
• Jacob Romer, Isaiah Martini were def by S. Gollamudi, R. Wishinchand 0-6, 1-6