WILMINGTON — The Wilmington High School tennis team defeated Washington 3-2 Monday in a South Central Ohio League match on the WHS courts.
The Hurricane is now 8-3 overall and 6-1 in the SCOL.
“Very solid on the three courts we won,” WHS head coach Steve Reed said.
Matt Keiter was a 6-4, 6-0 winner at first singles, avenging his only SCOL loss this season.
“Matt redeemed the only SCOL loss of the year in convincing fashion,” said Reed.
Jonathan Fender was a winner in singles play and the doubles pairing of Brady Henry and Drew Moyer posted an easy 6-1, 6-1 win.
“Drew and Brady are starting to really play up to their potential,” Reed said. “Jonathan is settling into his new spot at second singles well and looks more and more confident with each match.”
April 25, 2016
@Wilmington High School
Wilmington 3 Washington 2
• Matt Keiter def K Upthegrove 6-4, 6-0
• Jonathan Fender def G Mustain 6-3, 6-2
• Austin Embree was def by J Behm 6-2, 4-6, 4-6
• Brady Henry, Drew Moyer def M Wayne, M Schroeder 6-1, 6-1
• Jack Romer, Jalen Douglas were def by J Snyder, B Morris 5-7, 4-6