The Wilmington High School tennis team dropped a hard-fought match to a strong Kings team Wednesday morning 4-1 on the WHS courts.
The Lady Hurricane, now 1-2 on the year, had four close losses.
“Kings always plays quality tennis,” said WHS coach Doug Cooper. “They seem to have four seniors in the line-up every year, which is possible when you have 25 players. Their three singles players all play very consistently and seem to get to every ball.
“I’m seeing some good things on our doubles courts. We need to keep working at a few things and the girls understand that. Their attitude is great and I have no doubt they will continue to improve.”
Allison Brooks continues to play well, posting a 6-1, 6-0 win at first singles for WHS.
Wilmington was defeated in the reserve match 3-2, falling to 1-1 on the season.
August 12, 2015
@ Wilmington High School
Kings 4, Wilmington 1
• Allison Brooks 12 (WHS) def Lindsay Leighton 12 6-1, 6-0
• Lindsey Kaesemeyer 11 (K) def Mai Cooper 12 6-1, 6-4
• Haley Guerin 9 (K) def Katie Schroeder 11 6-4, 6-2
• Mailys Terrier 12/Cecille Reich 10 (K) def Kalista Adkins 11/Veronica Ilg 11 6-4, 6-3
• Katie Hacker 12/Madison Reckman 12 (K) def Sydney Ilg 11 Sophie Reed 10 6-4, 6-4