The Wilmington High School tennis team cruised to a 5-0 win over Miami Trace Thursday in South Central Ohio League action on the WHS courts.
Wilmington is now 8-6 overall and 7-1 in the SCOL.
“The thing I like about this team is their business-like approach on match days and their willingness to improve each week,” said WHS coach Doug Cooper. “This could be a team that peaks at the right time of the season.”
Allison Brooks improved to 16-1 with a 6-2, 6-0 win at first singles.
Mai Cooper’s win at second singles avenged an earlier loss to Haylee Higgins.
“Mai is a tough player to beat twice,” coach Cooper said.
Said WHS reserve coach Steve Reed, “That was the best I have seen the varsity play top to bottom this year.”
Sept 10, 2015
@Wilmington High School
Wilmington 5 Miami Trace
• Allison Brooks def Bethany Reiterman 6-2, 6-0
• Mai Cooper def Haylee Higgins 6-3, 6-0
• Katie Schroeder def Whitney Cockerill 6-2, 6-2
• Kalista Adkins, Veronica Ilg def Maddi Wallace, Cassie Van Dyke 6-1, 6-1
• Summer Payne, Sophie Reed def Shelby Mulford, Macy Detty 6-1, 6-3