The Rodger O. Borror Middle School tennis team defeated Chaminade-Julienne 5-0 Tuesday in the first match of the season for the young Hurricane tennis players.
The match of the day came at second singles where Wilmington’s Caleb Reed won a marathon match over Trent Kelsey 6-3, 4-6, 11-9.
Coach Cathy Fay said it was a “great start for the season.”
The Borror squad is a combination of boys and girls in the school, Fay said, “as many of the opposing teams have combined teams as well.”
Avery Bradshaw and Jacob Romer also posted singles wins for the Hurricane while Claire Burns and Jenna Taylor, along with Parker Henry and Brenten Nielsen were winners in doubles action.
April 5, 2017
@Wilmington High School
Rodger O. Borror 5 Chaminade-Julienne 0
• Avery Bradshaw def Leo Ruthmeyer 6-0, 6-0
• Caleb Reed def Trent Kelsey 6-3, 4-6, 11-9
• Jacob Romer def Henry Gnann 6-1, 6-0
• Claire Burns, Jenna Taylor def Maria Ely, Erin Kelsey 6-0, 6-0
• Parker Henry, Brenten Nielsen def Emma Burkett, Addie Seifried
• Gracie Conger was def by Henry Gnan 6-8
• Taylor Noszka, Ian Dalton were def by Maria Ely, Erin Kelsey 3-8
• Asher Fudge, Chandri Sharma were def by Emma Burkett, Addie Seifried 4-8
• Shane Hendricks was def by Leo Ruthmeyer 3-8