LEES CREEK — Cole Isaacs and Drew Keller pulled out a win at second doubles to lift Clinton-Massie to a 3-2 victory Wednesday over East Clinton in South Central Ohio League tennis action on the EC courts.
Isaacs and Keller dropped a second-set tiebreaker but came back to win the third set and the match, 6-2, 6-7 (6-8), 6-2.
“Two evenly matched teams battled on the courts tonight,” CM coach Lynn Deatherage said. “Isaacs, Keller battled for nearly two hours to secure the win.”
Alex Pence at third singles and the doubles team of Jaren Evans and Blake Bronson earned wins for the Astros.
Deatherage said Clayton Amburgy “continues to improve and played a solid match at first singles. Zach Hammonds won his match at second singles for CM.
“I’m really pleased by all the ‘6s’ posted,” said Deatherage. “We need to learn how to finish close matches and handle that pressure better.”
Massie is 2-3 overall and in the SCOL.
April 12, 2017
@East Clinton High School
Clinton-Massie 3 East Clinton 2
(NOTE: Winning player listed first)
• Clayton Amburgy (CM) def Elijah Howard 6-1, 6-0
• Zach Hammonds (CM) def Jake Howard 6-3, 6-3
• Alex Pence (EC) def Drew Houseman 6-2, 7-6 (8-6)
• Jaren Evans, Blake Bronson (EC) def Pierce LeVangie, Mitchell Bills 6-2, 7-5
• Cole Isaacs, Drew Keller (CM) def Levi Benbre, John Cline 6-2, 6-7 (6-8), 6-2