BLANCHESTER — The lone Blanchester High School senior tennis player went out on a high note Tuesday.
Heather O’Neill was a 6-3, 6-1 winner at third singles on Senior Night and helped Blanchester defeat Bethel-Tate 5-0 in a Southern Buckeye Conference National Division match on the BHS courts.
“I’m so happy that Heather was able to win on senior night. She’s been a terrific leader for this team, both on and off the court. She has set a great example for the rest of our team. She’s a great kid, and we’re going to miss her.”
Blanchester is 7-7 overall and 6-0 in the SBCN. The victory over the Lady Tigers is the 30th straight National Division triumph for the BHS girls tennis program.
“We played great tennis all the way through the lineup,” said Sexton. “The girls should be proud of winning a fifth straight title. They have worked hard and deserve it.”
Sept 22, 2015
@Blanchester High School
Blanchester 5 Bethel-Tate 0
• Brooke Honaker def Kara Partin 6-1, 6-0
• Emily Speakman def Alyssa Barnhouse 6-3, 6-2
• Heather O’Neill def Liz Kilgore 6-3, 6-1
• Erin Wilson, Lilly Tedrick def Hannah Webster, Holly Barnes 6-2, 6-1
• Alexis Vestal, Megan Weber def Beka Martin, Taylor Clark 6-1, 6-1