BLANCHESTER — A night after losing its first league match of the season, the Blanchester girls tennis team rebounded Wednesday with a 4-1 win over Clermont Northeastern.
The Lady Wildcats are 7-4 overall and 5-1 in the SBC National Division.
“This was a big character win for our team,” BHS head coach Matt Sexton said. “To rebound the day after such a tough loss and play that well was impressive.”
Blanchester got singles wins from Lilly Tedrick at second and Lydia Falgner at third. Falgner defeated Amber Rossman 6-4, 6-2 for her first singles win of the year, and only Rossman’s second league defeat.
“I’m so proud of Lydia,” Sexton said. “She has worked so hard on her game. She had a tough weekend losing to some good players at Coaches Classic and to an outstanding second singles player at New Richmond. She played so well, and got the result to show for it.”
Blanchester swept both doubles matches, dropping just nine games between them.
Sept. 20, 2017
@ Blanchester High School
Blanchester 4, Clermont NE 1
- Leah Decatur (C) d. Erin Wilson 7-5, 6-2
- Lilly Tedrick (B) d. Elizabeth Glancy 6-1, 6-2
- Lydia Falgner (B) d. Amber Rossman 6-4, 6-2
- Alexis Vestal, Korie White (B) d. Destiny Sheangshang, Savannah Grenzer 6-0, 6-4
- Grace King, Kayla Allen (B) d. Emilee Caudill, Elizabeth Lambing 6-3, 6-2