Highlighted by an albatross, the team of Pete Fentress, Frenchie Hatfield, Denny Kruszka and Jim Luck had an 8-under par 28 Thursday and won the Community Golf League outing at the Elks 797 Golf Course.
The winners had birdies on 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 but it was a 3-under 2 on the par 5 No. 8 that highlighted the winning team’s nine-hole round. Fentress holed the second shot on the 435-yard hole.
The rest of the field:
• 30: Gary Newbry, Rocky Long, Terry Richard, Gary Bishop.
• 30: Dick Mitchener, Bill Ross, Jim Jones.
• 31: Dave Doyle, Doggie Anderson, Don Sicurella, Dave Buchwalter.
• 33: Carl Wright, Herb Johnson, Rusty Smethwick, Bernie Rosenow.
• 34: Ken Hill, Kathy Keltner, Eric Keltner.