The Wilmington Kiwanis Club fifth annual Backyard Bash is set for 7 p.m. Friday at Frank Irelan Field when Wilmington High School football visits Clinton-Massie for the regular season finale.
A travel trophy is presented to the winning school and will be displayed in their trophy case until the 2019 Backyard Bash is contested.
Other awards to be presented Friday night at the WHS-CM game:
• Walter G Sellers Memorial Leadership Award given to a senior player who demonstrates leadership in the classroom, community and on the football field.
• Scout Player of the week given to a non starter who had a great week of practice preparing the team for Friday night’s game.
• Offensive Player of the Game.
• Defensive Player of the Game.
• Special Teams Player of the Game.
Helping with the trophy and awards presentation after the game on the field will be the Wilmington Kiwanis Club-sponsored Key Club members of Clinton-Massie High School with faculty advisors Christel Wissman and Bill Ryan along with Wilmington High School Key Club members with faculty advisor Zachary Black.