HILLSBORO — Drug offenses were again highlighted in the most recent indictments handed down by a Highland County Grand Jury on Tuesday, with theft and sex offenses among other listed charges.
Eight of 13 people indicted in the October session of the grand jury are charged with crimes involving drugs, specifically heroin and methamphetamine.
Those indicted Tuesday were:
• Rebecca A. Ledford, 29, Wilmington, illegal conveyance of weapons or prohibited items onto the grounds of a detention facility or institution, a third-degree felony, and possession of heroin, a fourth-degree felony.
• Dru S. McGary, 30, Hillsboro, and Amber R. Blankenship, 28, Hillsboro, two counts aggravated possession of drugs and one count of possession of heroin, all fifth-degree felonies.
• Don Lester Rose Jr., 31, Leesburg, possession of heroin, a fifth-degree felony.
• Ryan M. Simpson, 18, Hillsboro, burglary, a second-degree felony, and theft, a first-degree misdemeanor.
• Kevin Ray Morris, 40, Hillsboro, illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs, a third-degree felony.
• Talena Spoerl, 38, Greenfield, aggravated possession of methamphetamine, a fifth-degree felony.
• Alma Jean Taylor, 23, Jamestown, gross sexual imposition, a third-degree felony.
• Paul Mefford, 47, Seaman, aggravated possession of methamphetamine, a fifth-degree felony.
• Robert Daniel Young, 29, Hillsboro, failure to register a change of address as a registered sex offender, a third-degree felony.
• Corey L. Price, 23, Greenfield, aggravated burglary, a first-degree felony, and assault, a first-degree misdemeanor.
• Gregory Scott Martin, 37, Greenfield, two counts of grand theft, a third-degree felony, and aggravated possession of methamphetamine, a fifth-degree felony.
• Jacob D. Bell, 29, Hillsboro, burglary, a second-degree felony, and theft, a first-degree misdemeanor.
Reach David Wright at 937-402-2570, or on Twitter @DavidWrighter.