WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently:
• Gold Star Chili, 942 Cherry St., Blanchester, January 18. Packages of raw hamburgers and raw sausage patties stored above ready-to-eat foods. Dates missing on food items. Expired cartons of milk found. Scotch tape used as repair on steam table surface. Wood surface of shake station deteriorated. Rust observed on air dry shelf above three-sink compartment. Lights not working in vent hood. Lights not working in walk-in freezer. Ice deposited on walk-in freezer door. Microwaves are not commercial grade. Slime residues observed on guard inside ice making machine. Food residues observed on shelving in dry stock storage. Bucket of sanitizer found in hand sink. Handwashing signs missing in two locations. Dust observed on ceiling and HVAC vents above hot dog holding/cooking equipment and dish washing area. Toilet tank lid missing. Trim loose/separated below steam table. Bleach bottle missing label.
• McDonald’s 201 W. Main St., Blanchester, January 18. Register staff seen bagging fries and getting beverages without first washing hands. Bucket of clean towels were not submerged in sanitizer solution; corrected. Cooler near drive through missing thermometer; corrected. Condiment dispenser damaged/cracked. Trash can melted near fry freezer. Main ice scoop stained, looked dirty. Ice dispenser at soda fountain machine had black/pink residues; corrected. Ice guard of ice making machine had black residues. Floor tiles damaged, grout missing near three compartment sink and mop sink. Food splatter observed on ceiling near sandwich make line. Splatter observed on walls and floors.
• Sabina Elementary School, 246 W. Washington St., Sabina, January 21. Bare hands contacted pizza.
• United Dairy Farmers, 395 E. Main St., Wilmington, January 19. No violations noted.
• Speedway, 393 E. Locust St., Wilmington, January 19. No violations noted.
• Buffalo Wild Wings, 143 Fairway Drive, Wilmington, January 20. Thermometer unavailable in prep cooler. Lid on coleslaw cracked/damaged. Light not working in reach-in freezer. Stickers and residue found on clean containers. Protective cover film on inside of prep lid. Dust accumulated on covers in walk-in cooler. Flood holding water and food where grout is missing. Floor tile damaged in women’s restroom.
• Autumn Years Nursing Center, 580 E. Washington St., Sabina, January 21. Box of raw bacon stored above lunchmeat. Warewash machine not reaching high enough temperature, per manufacturer’s specifications. Boxes of cups, lids and other supplies stored on floor. Peeling paint observed on HVAC vent above steam table and ceiling.
• IGA, 444 E. Washington St., Sabina, January 21. Ready-to-eat ham and sausage underneath raw sausage. Dips packaged with fruits and vegetables missing ingredient info. Light not working in deli department. Soup lid needs replacing. Ice deposits on walk-in freezer. Hand sink in deli department drains slowly. Lights not working in two areas. Wall damaged next to mop sink. Faucet in men’s restroom needs replaced.
• Wilmington Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75 Hale St., Wilmington, January 20. Kitchenette cooler wasn’t cold enough. Light not working in kitchen cooler. Food residues on shelf. Food splatter in microwave. Handwashing sign missing at hand sink. Trim damaged at kitchen exit door. Light not working above three compartment sink. Panel at three compartment sink wasn’t flush with wall.
• Clinton Memorial Hospital, 610 W. Main St., Wilmington, January 20. Chicken wasn’t kept cold enough; a person in charge took action that may have corrected air flow and temperature. Packaged items in cafeteria retail area missing labels. Duct tape used as repair for general use hot box. Light not working in reach-in cooler. Black residues observed in ice scoop holder. Trash receptacle missing near hand sinks. Metal corner wall trim missing.
• American Showa, 3343 State Route 28, Blanchester, January 18. Cooler handle broken. Top lid on box freezer broken. Lights not working in hot holding cabinet.
• Continental Manor Nursing and Rehab, 820 E. Center St., Blanchester, January 18. No concerns noted.
• Ron’s Place, 126 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, January 18. Thermometer missing in sandwich prep cooler. Light above sandwich prep cooler not working. Rest of report was illegible.
• Angelina’s Pizza, 653 W. Main St., Blanchester, January 18. Food handler’s hair unrestrained. Chicken, ham, noodles and other food items were missing date marks.
• Wilmington Bowling Center, 2667 State Route 22/3, Wilmington, January 19. No hand soap at handwashing sink; corrected.
• Wilmington Plaza Cinema, 1275 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, January 19. Light out above ice machine. Back men’s restroom hand dryer doesn’t work.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU