WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• #1 China Buffet, 1587 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, July 26. Level 2 certification unavailable. Handle of scoop found in corn starch storage container. Tongs found stored in kimchee storage container. Panko crumbs and seasoned flour missing label. Seasoned flour found stored in grocery bag. Rust observed on shelving in walk-in cooler #1 and Pepsi reach-in at bar. Cutting board has staining/cut marks. Food debris observed on shelving in walk-in #2. Black residues observed on inner guard of ice making machine. Debris observed in container storing ice scoop. Grease accumulated on sides of fryers. General cleaning of floors needed. Dirty dish collection rack needs cleaning. Dust observed on vent hood above oven. Ceiling tiles have water damage near walk-in cooler #2/freezer. Wall damaged next to ice making machine. Floor grout needs filled in outside of walk-in #1/prep area. Walls and ceiling need repaired at meat cut prep area. Light bulbs nonworking throughout kitchen ceiling fixtures. Counter broken near Pepsi soda fountain machine. Flies observed in prep area near walk-in cooler #1. Hand soap and paper towels unavailable in employee restroom. Ansul fire safety equipment tag dated 2015. Noticed an odor in walk-in freezer. Keep unit clean to prevent odor problems?
Critical: Boxes of raw chicken stored on top of kegs in walk-in cooler. Cream cheese 43°F, chicken 42°F, noodles 42°F. Air gap not visible at prep sink across from walk-in #1. Distilled water unavailable for testing of pH of acidified white rice.
Follow-up: Aug. 23.
• Kroger, 1230 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Aug. 1. Follow-up/Complaint. Follow-up inspection and received complaint regarding flies on the salad bar.Found no flies at salad bar. Salad bar was being broken down. Salad bar unable to keep temperature. If salad bar is closed down, prior to re-opening salad bar must call Health Department to re-open it and to check temperatures. Violations have been corrected: 2.4, 3.4, 4.5, 6.4, 4.4. Thank you! Wash cycle dial was not working on the dishwasher. Light in the bakery walk-in freezer was not working. Accumulation of ice in walk-in freezer floor of Clicklist. Light out in the Clicklist walk-in cooler. Large accumulation of ice in Hobart 2-door reach-in freezer in deli. Deli meat coolers are rusted on bottom surface where bags of met are placed. Food debris in the doors to the hot bar. Inside of microwave in bakery is dirty. Cart racks in the bakery have food/dirt debris on ledges. Rusted shelves in the biscuit/cookie dough area. Behind 3-compartment sink in deli has black residue on wall. Floor under deep fryer rough and coming apart. Floor behind rotisserie is dirty. Note: There is still fishy smell in meat seafood area. Dirty under seafood display area. Lobster tank still full of water with no lobsters. Please drain and remove.
Critical: On the salad bar tuna salad was 47°F, diced tomatoes 49°F. Rinse temperature of dishwasher in deli only reached 170°F.
Follow-up: Sept. 5.
• Frisch’s, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, July 28. Observed employee handling dirty dishes at warewash machine rinse hands in sanitizer bucket then handle clean dishes. Food items unidentified at salad bar. Salad bar low boy cooler and walk-in unit did not have thermometer. Rust observed on shelf in drive-thru/carry-out low boy cooler. Fan blade and cove missing on cooling equipment in cooks walk-in cooler. Light missing in salad bar unit. Warewash machine final rinse display 172-176°F. Floor damaged near cooking equipment. Food splatter observed on walls in kitchen.
Critical: Lettuce 45°F, corn 44°F, diced tomatoes 45°F, shredded potato 44°F, ham 46°F, turkey 444°F meat loaf 43°F, bulk turkey 44°F, tartar sauce 43°F, salsa 44°F, cottage cheese 42°F, noodles 42°F, coleslaw 42°F. Six areas/equipment had elevated temperatures. Green beans 118°F.
Follow-up: Aug. 11.
• 4-H Camp Graham, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, July 28. No concerns at time of visit.
• Royalton Inn & Suites, 201 Carrie Drive, Wilmington, July 31. Violations corrected: 2.4, 3.5, 4.2, 4.5, 4.8, 6.2, 6.4.
• Champions in the Making, 160 Park Ave., Wilmington, July 28. License holder not wearing hair restraint. Verification demonstrating employees know when to report illness unavailable. Bag of frozen leftovers was not labeled. Thermometers unavailable in small refrigerators. Paper towels unavailable at hand sink. handwashing sign missing in men’s restroom. Debris found behind freezer/refrigerator. Cabinet in kitchen missing covering (damaged). Door exiting to playground does not close tightly.
Critical: Observed flies in kitchen.