WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• At 10:39 a.m. on Aug. 1, a 35-year-old male reported that his 2001 primer Chevrolet Silverado was stolen. The report lists that the incident took place at the Clinton County Jail.
• At 9:07 p.m. on Aug. 1, a 42-year-old male reported that his electronic cigarette roller and some tobacco was stolen. The victim advised that it was a 19-year-old female who took them from a residence at the 400 block of Belmont Avenue. The victim believes that the suspect took it and sold it for meth money. Police spoke with the suspect’s mother who advised the suspect hadn’t taken anything. Authorities were unable to locate the suspect.
• Police responded to a theft call at 1-99 block of South Spring Street at 4:08 a.m. on Aug. 2. According to the report, a 19-year-old male said someone had gone through a vehicle and stole $77 from his wallet and two prepaid visa debit cards.
• Police responded to Clinton Memorial Hospital at 7:01 p.m. on Aug. 2, in reference to a possible assault. The report lists a 21-year-old male victim and a 21-year-old male and female as the suspects.
• At 1:58 a.m. on Aug. 3, a 19-year-old male reported that his bicycle was stolen. He advised that it was taken from the basement of his residence on Woodland Drive on Monday. The bike was a bike and neon green Troublemaker and has a one-brake handlebar. Police were informed of a possible matching bike found on South Walnut Street. According to the report, it was similar but had two brake handles.
• Police responded to the 200 block of South South Street at 2:40 a.m. on Aug. 3 on the report of someone going through cars. The victims, a 32-year-old female and a 29-year-old female reported that two phone cords, three CDs, and a charger were missing. Police patrolled the area for a male subject wearing a black and white shirt. He was not located.
• Police responded to a theft report at a residence at the 1-99 block of Josephine Street at 8:08 a.m. on Aug. 3. According to the report, a MacBook Pro and $25 were removed from two vehicles in the driveway overnight. The report lists a 24-year-old female as the victim.
• At 7:09 p.m. on Aug. 3, a subject reported that several items were stolen from their vehicle overnight. The report lists a nail trainer kit, $10 in change, several auxiliary cords, and an orange and black back pack. The victim also advised that a dark purple mountain bike was stolen. The incident took place at the 200 block of South Walnut Street.
• Police responded to a burglary call at 7:48 p.m. on Aug. 3 at the 1100 block of Brownberry Drive. According to the report, a squirrel pelt, a DVD player, and a blue comforter were stolen from a 48-year-old male. A 37-year-old Blanchetsr female is listed as a suspect. Police seized shampoo/conditioner, a piece of glass with dry blood, and a piece of drywall with dry blood as evidence.
• A 53-year-old male reported to police at 7:48 p.m. on Aug. 3 stating he was in fear for his life. The report described the male as “extremely intoxicated” when they made contact. The male advised he ran from a restaurant on Rombach Avenue to the police. He said two vehicles attempted to run him over one described as a green Ford Mustang and the other a red Chevrolet Blazer. Allegedly a male driver in one of the cars said they were going to “get him” and called him a racial slur. While there, the subject said he was having chest pains and transported to Clinton Memorial Hospital.
• At 9 p.m. on Aug. 3, an officer noticed a 54-year-old female was sitting at the side of a building nodding looking like she was about to pass out. Police made contact with her who stated she was trying to get walk to her house on Columbus Street but had a leg injury and was resting. She gathered her bags and attempted to walk but was struggling, according to the report. The officer transported the female to her residence on Columbus Street.
• At 12:50 p.m. on Aug. 4, police responded to the 200 block of High Street in response to multiple bicycles being stolen. The report lists a girls neon green bike, a boys black mountain bike, and a boys black Mongoose bike as the stolen items.
• Police responded to a bicyclist being struck at the intersection of Locust and Lincoln Street at 2:31 p.m. on Aug. 4. The bicyclist was list as a 24-year-old male and the operator was a 64-year old Blanchester male, according to the report. There was no further info in the report.
• Police responded to the 300 block of South Walnut Street at 12:52 a.m. on Aug. 5 on the report of a dog being hit by a vehicle. According to the report, a juvenile advised that a white SUV was observed striking the dog and fleeing the scene. Officers patrolled the area for the vehicle but were unable to locate it.
• At 1:50 a.m. on Aug. 5, police responded to a suspicious person on Hale Street. According to the report, a 30-year-old Washington Court House male said he wanted to go Clinton Memorial Hospital to talk to someone. Police located a hypodermic needle on the subject. He admitted to using it earlier. The subject was transported to Clinton Memorial for mental evaluation and was not charged due to him wanting to seek help for his depression and addiction. Police advised him if they found another needle on him, he would be charged. Police disposed of the needle.
• At 6:59 a.m. on Aug. 5, a 59-year-old male reported that a 30-year-old female stole his cell phone and Wright Patt Union Visa Debit Card. Officers were advised that the card was used at a gas station ATM of East Locust Street.
• At 11:30 p.m. on Aug. 5, police responded to a residence on Columbus Street for an alleged breaking and entering. Police made contact with the 19-year-old caller who told authorities that someone was entering the basement and sleeping in it. The officers patrolled the area and checked the basement.
Wilmington police also recently charged the following people:
• Ashleigh Myers, 30, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged drug abuse instrument possession.
• Michael Forand, 38, of Jamestown, was charged with alleged illegal use/possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Angela Colley, 40, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged illegal use/possession of drug paraphernalia and drug abuse instrument possession.
• William Doan, 39, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged drug instruments.
• Craig Shaver, 39, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged failure to comply and drug abuse instrument possession.
• Katina Shoemaker, 22, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged marijuana possession and drug abuse instrument possession.
• Joshua Tunner, 37, of Wilmington, was charged with allegedly driving under the influence.
• Maykel Medley, 20, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged assault and theft.
• Christopher Anspach, 40, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged theft.
• Elizabeth Schmitz, 19, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged theft.
• Chad Zurface, 27, of Cuba, was charged with alleged drug paraphernalia possession.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU