WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Max & Erma’s, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington, Sept. 5. Follow-up. Critical: In 2-door reach-in cooler large container of cole slaw was not dated/labeled. In prep cooler by griddle there were containers of green peppers, cooked onions and sausage fingers that were unlabeled/not dated.
Paint is coming off the Hobart mixer. Large accumulation of ice in the walk-in freezer. Water accumulating on floor by char-broiler, front vegetable prep sink and by ice maker. There are several green towels on floor under the cookie freezer that appear to be collecting water. There are gnats flying around salad cooler, dishwasher and front vegetable prep sink. There was trash on the floor of walk-in freezer. Wall around front vegetable prep sink was dirty. Please contact pest control operator to deal with gnats. Following violations have been corrected: 3.2, 3.4, 4.4, 4.5, 6.4. Thank you. Facility looks much better and cleaner. Keep up the good work.
• Frisch’s Big Boy, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 5. Complaint. Received complaint regarding grilled cheese and chili spaghetti was tampered with by employee. Patron claims daughter got sick after eating food. Chili 150°F. Spaghetti comes in pre-cooked and is portioned and bagged, heated to order. Grilled cheese made to order. All employee personal items kept in break area. All medications kept in office in medicine cabinet. Found no issues at this time.
• McDonald’s, 1272 Rombach Ave., Sept. 5. Complaint. Received complaint regarding gnats around sweet tea dispenser and soda machine. Exterminal is pest control operator. Lots of gnats on wall behind and above soda machine. Please call pest control right away to treat facility.
• Generations Pizza, 100 Lowe’s Drive, Wilmington, Sept. 6. No one in the facility is Class II food safety certified. In walk-in freezer there were boxes of ice cream and potato-fry stored on the floor. There was a missing/broken lid on pizza prep table. The 2-door cooler by pizza oven has water standing in bottom of unit. Water leaking on floor from sandwich prep cooler. Microwave has chipping paint on inside of unit. Seal is broken on door to walk-in freezer. Ice accumulation on condenser of walk-in freezer and on the floor of freezer. Exposed/broken pieces of counter exposing pressboard on pizza cutting table.Cove molding missing on wall beside soda machine leaving exposed plaster board? FRP board is coming off wall by electrical box. Broken floor tile in kitchen area. There are lots of flies in kitchen area. Must be free from insects/pests. Please contact licensed pest control operator regarding flies.
Critical: Mushroom gravy on prep table 49°F, meatballs 51°F, hoagies 51°F; on the chicken cooler, chicken tenders 44°F and sliced tomatoes 42°F. (Must be kept 41°F or below.) Items did not have labels/dates: bottled sauces under chicken prep cooler; bottled sauces in 2-door reach-in by pizza oven; black olives, shredded cheddar cheese and bottled sauces on pizza prep (underneath); chopped onions, sliced onions, chopped green peppers, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, shredded carrots, cucumbers, bagged french fries and parmesan cheese in the walk-in cooler. Chicken prep cooler had a temperature of 44°F on bottom thermometer. Pizza prep counter is dirty. Pizza cutting area is dirty.
Follow-up: Approx. Oct. 6.
• R+L Transfer, 600 Gilliam Road, Wilmington, Sept. 6. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected. Thank you!
• Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen’s Club, 301 Batson Road, Wilmington, Sept. 6. No one at this facility is Class II food safety certified.
Follow-up: Approx. Oct. 6.
• J&D’s Market, 5205 SR 22 & 3, Wilmington, Sept. 5. Complaint. Received complaint the Amish Fry Pies lemon pie had mold in it (?) on Monday, Aug. 28. Notified person in charge of complaint. Get delivery one per week. Usually none left by weekend.
Follow-up: Sept. 13.
• Kroger, 1230 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 5. Follow-up. Checked salad bar. Everything looks good. Please keep checking temperatures.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU