Wilmington’s Rodger O. Borror Middle School tennis team was defeated by Troy 3-2 Wednesday night.
Despite losing all three singles matches, ROB coach Cathy Fay said Avery Bradshaw, Jacob Romer and Caleb Reed fought hard and played well.
Claire Burns and Jenna Taylor posted a win at first doubles while Parker Henry and Brenten Nielsen won at second doubles.
The young Hurricane are now 3-2 on the year.
April 19, 2017
Troy 3 Rodger O. Borror 2
• Avery Bradshaw was def by George Nook 1-6, 5-7
• Jacob Romer was def by Genki Masuago 1-6, 3-6
• Caleb Reed was def by Spencer Short 3-6, 2-6
• Claire Burns, Jenna Taylor def Matt Bess, Yusei Kanashima 6-3, 6-3
• Parker Henry, Brenten Nielsen def Ryan Dowling, Conner, Smith 6-2, 6-3
• Gracie Conger, Ian Dalton def Kylie Azen, Sarah Grosse 6-3
• Collin Webber, Chandni Sharma def Sheider Sparks, Cody Rhea 6-3
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU