WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from incident reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those charged/arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• At 2:50 p.m. on March 18, police responded to a Clark Street residence on an aggravated burglary call. According to the report, when the office arrived they observed the back door open and “blood all over” the kitchen floor. Police entered a 22-year-old female on the floor of the living “covered in blood”. The police called her name multiple times and eventually responded. She advised someone entered her home and stabbed her. EMS arrived and assessed the victim. WPD Sgt. Neil Rager told the News Journal the victim was released from the hospital the same day. The case is currently under investigation with no suspects at this time.
• Police arrested a 48-year-old female for alleged domestic violence at 8 p.m. on March 13. According to the report, officers responded to an Elm Street residence in reference to two female subjects in a physical altercation. The female victim – the adult child of the suspect – had apparent minor injuries, according to the report.
• Police arrested an 18-year-old male for alleged aggravated menacing at 12:02 p.m. on March 14. According to the report, a 32-year-old male reported his roommate (the suspect) threatened to harm him.
• Police arrested a 40-year-old Hillsboro male for an alleged O.V.I. and resisting arrest at 1:45 a.m. on March 13. According to the report, police found the suspect “slumped over the wheel” in a vehicle “in the middle” of Dana Avenue near Gibraltar Drive. The report indicates three grams of “other cannabis derivatives including hash” were seized by police.
• At 12:15 a.m. on March 15, police conducted a traffic stop on South South Street near Doan Street. According to the report, suspected narcotics and drug paraphernalia were located during the investigation. The report indicates police seized a crystal-like substance. Charges are pending the lab analysis. A 27-year-old Hillsboro male was listed as the suspect.
• At 11:26 p.m. on March 16, police received a report of a stolen vehicle. According to the report, the vehicle was Chevy Sedan and was taken from the 200 block of North South Street. A 27-year-old Hillsboro male was listed as a suspect.
• At 2:57 a.m. on March 20, police responded to a South South Street residence in reference to a criminal damage report to property. The report indicates $200 worth of damage to the property. Police collected a cell phone and cigarettes as evidence. A 24-year-old Sardinia male was listed as the suspect.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574